chapter nineteen.

ALLISON SET LORI DOWN GENTLY ON THE FLOOR AND SHE SIGHED DEEPLY AS TEARS FELL DOWN HER FACE. "Ally. Ally. I'm gonna need you to do a c-section..." Lori told her and immediately, she shook her head back and forth.

"No, no. I can't!" She protested. Allison looked to her knives, them all having walker blood on them.

"I don't have a knife." She told her and Lori motioned to Carl, sweat forming on her forehead. "Use Carl's."

Carl instantly gave her knife to Allison and she took it with hesitation.

"I'm not losing the baby." Lori spoke groggily, shaking her head back and forth.

"No, mom!" Carl yelled to her and she smiled faintly at him.

"Lori, you won't survive."

"My baby has to, please. Please, Ally..." Lori begged and Allison cried even more.

"Carl... I don't want you to be scared, okay? This is what I want. This is right." Lori told her son as Allison looked to the ground, wiping the blood off her hands. "You take care if your daddy, okay? Your little brother or sister, take care of them for me?"

"You don't have to do this." Carl cried to his mom.

"You're gonna be fine. You are gonna beat this world I know you will. You are smart, you are strong, and you are so brave. I love you." Lori's voice broke and Carl hugged her tightly, telling her he loved her too.

"You gotta do what's right, baby. Promise me you'll always do what's right. If it feels wrong, don't do it, all right? If it feels easy, don't do it. Don't let the world spoil you." Lori cried to her son as they hugged and Allison sat there with tears running down her cheeks as she watched them interact.

"Ally, when this is over you're gonna have to keep me from becoming one of those things." She told the blonde who was still crying, wiping her eyes vigorously.

"Okay... okay." Allison told her.

"God, you are so strong." Lori cried, grabbing her hand. "You don't have a mean bone in your body. Don't ever let someone tell you different."

Allison nodded and sniffled, smiling to her as she let out a watery chuckle. "I'm so sorry." Was the last thing that she said to her before she cut open her pregnant stomach, Lori screaming in pain as Allison focused on not cutting the baby.

"Stop! Stop!" Carl yelled to her with tears running down her face as Allison inhaled deeply to stop from shaking.

Lori stopped screaming just as Allison stopped cutting. "Carl, give me your hands. If I cut any deeper I'm gonna hit the baby."

"I can see it." Allison sniffled, pulling the baby out as carefully as she could. She pulled it out and started to tap its legs, something she noticed they did to her baby once she had him. Once the baby didn't start crying, she tapped it's back, trying to get it to be alive.

The baby cried awake and Carl and Allison sighed in relief. Carl took off his jacket and gave it to Allison, her wrapping it around the baby.

The two looked to each other, seeing Lori's dead body on the ground. "Carl-"

"I'll do it." Carl shuddered, pulling out his gun. "She was my mom."

Allison sobbed and then nodded, making her way out to where she assumed everyone else was. She flinched once she heard a shot and not ten seconds later, Carl came out with a stone cold look on his face as she just gasped quietly,

They made their way outside, Allison being the last one out as she held the baby with shaky hands as she cried out, wanting her mother.

Once Allison saw Rick looking for Lori behind her, she broke out into tears.

"Where-whe-where is she? Where is she?" Rick cried, hoping that his wife wouldn't be dead.

Allison was unable to form any words as he looked to her, wanting to know where his wife was. He walked passed her to Carl, breaking down loudly as he fell to the floor.

Daryl quickly walked up to Allison and asked if she's okay with his eyes. She shook her head and fell into him, sobbing just as loud as Rick as the baby cried loudly as well.

He sighed and just held her as everyone cried for Lori.