chapter fourty-four.

THE DAY WAS COLD. The wind blew in her blonde locks as she sat on her usual spot on the porch of her home. Allison was reading yet another book from the bookshelf, smiling softly once she realized she was about to finish it.

"Ally! Allison."

Looking up, she furrowed her eyebrows once she heard the distressed tone of her sister's voice and she closed her book, standing up. "Maggie, what's wrong?"

"I-It's Glenn. Tara and Eugene came back from their run with him and they said he ran off and I-" Maggie was talking a mile a minute and Allison put her hands up in an attempt to calm her down, which didn't work because all her sister did was shake her head to herself before walking off.

Allison quickly followed her. "Well, what are you doin'? Are you goin' out?"

Maggie whipped around to look at her, determination on her face. "He's my husband. I have to."

"Okay, I'm goin' with you." Allison didn't even hesitate to volunteer to go with her sister, she knew she couldn't stop her so the least she could do was come with her and help if Maggie had gotten into any trouble.

Maggie nodded her head slightly and proceeded made her way to the armory, Allison's voice stopping her. "Meet me at the front gate in 10 minutes."

Once Maggie agreed, Allison turned around on her heel and walked quickly back towards her house, running inside to pack for the run.

"What're you doin'?" Daryl was leaned up against the doorframe, his lipped pressed in a tight line as he watched her shove her things in a bag, mostly ammo and some water, along with her knives.

Allison turned around, giving him a reassuring smile. "Um, Maggie asked me to go on a run."

Daryl hummed and nodded his head. "Okay."

Placing her bag on her shoulders, she walked up towards him, slowly slipping her hand into his, Daryl sighing shortly as he avoided eye contact with her. "I'll be right back." As she moved closer to him, his eyes met hers, getting slightly lost in them.

Allison leaned in, giving him a quick kiss on his lips before she pulled away, giving him a faded smile. As she started to walk away, Daryl pulled her back towards him, placing his lips on hers once again. Allison's eyes fluttered closed, smiling into the kiss. Their lips molded together perfectly and if it wasn't for her going on the run, then maybe they would have stayed like that for longer.

She pulled away and he sighed deeply, her chuckling lightly. "See you later, Dixon."

"Yeah, see ya." Daryl felt her hand slip from his and he watched her as she walked away, biting his lip from where hers were placed moments before.

-

Allison pulled her knife from the walkers skull, huffing as she became exhausted. The two had been killing walkers along the trail for what felt like hours. She could tell Maggie was starting to get tired as well, considering she was almost wheezing with every step she took. "Are you sure you don't want to rest?"

"I'm fine." Maggie somewhat snapped at her, the woman sighing deeply before she held up her gun just in case any walkers wanted to come into her sight.

She was correct as she felt cold hands latch onto her shoulders, growling loudly in her ear. Maggie turned around with wide eyes, trying to get a good aim for the walker.

Allison brought her leg back and kicked the walker away from her, quickly twisting around to use the butt of her gun to knock the creature to the ground, bending down over it's body and smashing it's head in over and over again, not even caring that the blood splashed back into her face. Maggie watched her with slight worry when she had showed no emotion.

Rustling was heard from across them and Allison quickly got up, pointing her gun towards the noise. "Come on out." She panted, shaking her head to get her dirty, blood covered strand of hair out from her face.

A man walked out, his hands up in surrender. "Hello." He spoke, looking to Allison with raised eyebrows.

Maggie glanced over at Allison before she looked back at the man. "Who are you?"

"My names Paul Rovia." The man smiled, holding up his arms in a 'T' pose. "But my friends call me Jesus."

"Yeah, we're not your friends." Allison scoffed, narrowing her eyes at him. "Where you from? You got a camp?"

The man hesitated before chuckling, shaking his head. "No. I don't. You?"

Allison turned her head to Maggie before the sisters gave each other a look before they turned back, thinking the same thing in their head. "Yeah, just a few miles up."

Jesus gave them a soft smile before he dropped his hands just as they dropped their guns. "Why don't I, uh... come back with you guys?"

Allison exhaled sharply, squinting her eyes at him. He seems awfully clean for someone who doesn't have a camp. "Do anythin' stupid-" Allison paused, grabbing out her knife. "I will stick this into your chest and let you bleed out."

Jesus nodded. "Fair enough."

Allison motioned for him to go in front and he did, her pointing her gun to his back with Maggie beside her. It was quiet for a couple of moments before she spoke again. "Your 'friends' call you Jesus? Thoughts you said you don't have a camp?"

Jesus sighed, hesitating for a bit. "I wanted to see what type of people you were. If you'd bring me back or not."

Allison hummed, looking up to the sky to see the sun was starting to set. "We should probably hurry home." She whispered to Maggie.

"Home?" Maggie scoffed. "I came out here to find Glenn and that's exactly what I'm going to do.""

Allison sighed deeply, trying to make sure her sister will go home and be safe. "Maggie... I want to find him, I do. But right now, you need to get back to Alexandria. I can see how exhausted you are. Please." She was basically pleaded for her to get back home.

"Glenn would want me-"

"Glenn would want you to be safe. And that's at home, Maggie." Allison interrupted, her eyes glancing back at Jesus, who seemed to be listening to their conversation.

"Um, I have a car, a couple of blocks up. About a twenty minute walk." Jesus offered, Allison clenching her jaw in uneasiness. She didn't even know if she could trust this guy, especially after he lied to her about not having a camp.

Maggie looked to her sister, nodding her head. Allison sighed, reluctantly agreeing. "Okay. Fine."