chapter fourteen

"ONE... TWO... THREE." Rick kicked the door open, Allison following after him, along with Carl and Sophia, T-dog, and Daryl.

"I'll check this room. Sophia." Allison whispered, getting the teenagers attention. "Come with me." Nodding her head and pushing her long hair back, she followed the woman, holding up her knives.

It had been seven months since the group got off from the farm, and they haven't been successful with finding any other place. Allison had been teaching Sophia how to throw knives with Carol's permission and she has been getting better. Carl also was taught how to shoot better and he's been hitting his target almost every time.

Allison can't deny that she's been having some type of feelings for Daryl. Whether it was romantic or not, she didn't know. What she did know was that it needed to go away in order for her to focus. The two have been getting close these couple of months, going hunting together and even talking about their past to each other.

She flicked her wrist, killing the only walker in the room. Or so she thought. Another knife was thrown across the room, killing the walker behind the curtain.

Allison turned around, seeing Sophia with a small smirk on her face. "Nice one, kid." She complimented and then went to retrieve her knives but as she was suddenly pulled down by cold hands.

She shrieked and reached for her gun, but it was a couple of feet in front of her. Sophia was standing there, trying to aim her knife at it's head, but she was scared that it'll hit Allison, so she couldn't hit it.

An arrow was plunged in its head, ending all it's movements. Allison looked up with wide eyes, meeting the dirty hands of Daryl, trying to help her up off the floor.

She gripped his hand, having a weird feeling in her stomach afterwords. Daryl pulled her up, searching her face for any type of pain. "You alright?"

The blonde nodded, pulling her hand away from Daryl's and thanking him as she followed Sophia out from the room.

Allison walked into the living room with Sophia, seeing everyone was already in there. The young girl walked to her mother, telling her that she killed a walker in the other room. Carol nodded slowly, not really giving any emotions at the moment. It's not that she wasn't interested, it's that she didn't have any strength to talk or to give her daughter some type of expression that would give her a satisfaction.

A sudden bang was heard from across the room, making the whole group flinch. Rick turned to the group, his eyes narrowed as he looked at every member.

T-dog whistled from across the room, getting everyone's attention. Allison looked out the window, seeing around a dozen walkers, probably more emerging from the trees.

The group sighed in defeat, sad that yet another place was overrun by the dead. They packed their things and made their way to the truck, Allison getting on Daryl's motorcycle like she usually does.

-

Allison walked over to Rick, looking back at Lori. "We need to find a place to settle soon, I don't think she can take anymore of this." She told him, the leader nodding in understanding.

"We'll find a place to stay, I promise." He told the blonde, squeezing her shoulder. Daryl noticed this, squinting his eyes at the couple, something stirring in his chest.

It had passed a couple of hours when Rick and Daryl got back from their run and they had small smiles on their faces, making Allison believe it was good news.

-

Rick had ordered everyone different tasks as the walkers surrounded them slowly. "Okay, Beth, Allison, Maggie, you all go and distract them from getting over to me and Sophia." The girl looked up, excited what her task would be. He made eye contact with Allison and the two had a conversation with their eyes. "Stay close to Allison."

There were gunshots going off and knives being thrown as each of the group members cleared out the prison court yard. They all worked together to kill all the walkers and that made Allison smile, happy that she wasn't dead or she didn't die.