chapter thirty-six

ALLISON LOOKED OUTSIDE THE WINDOW, HER EYES OBSERVING THE STARS IN THE SKY. Daryl came from beside her and she gave him a sad smile, him handing her her some food he found and she took it with a quiet "thanks".

He grunted as he sat down, looking at her eyes and how they shined in the moonlight. "Do you think we're gonna get her?" She whispered, not wanting any walkers to find them.

Daryl looked to her confused before his face turned into realization. "Yeah. She's tough."

"When you were with her... how was she?" The woman asked, looking at him in the dark.

Daryl shrugged, taking a swig of his water. "She was talkin' bout how she wanted to see you. Always saying she had hope you were alive." He paused, Allison inhaling sharply. "She had her first drink." The two laughed at that.

"I could just imagine the look on my fathers face if he ever found out-" She stopped herself once she was talking about him like he was alive. She cleared her throat and looked away from him, tears forming in her eyes.

Daryl gave her a sad smile before sighing. "I'll take watch. Go sleep. If you can." He told her and she nodded, knowing he won't take no for an answer.

She walked over to the bed and laid down, watching him as he watched outside. She felt herself thinking about Daryl more than she should. Allison knew she had feelings for the man. Romantic feelings. She felt herself daydreaming about what they would do if they were alone and now she got her answer. Just sitting in an abandoned house, just silence.

Daryl seemed to see she was staring and he hesitantly looked over to her, Allison oddly not looking away. The two just stared at each other, no words exchanged.

He cleared his throat and looked out the window, trying to avoid her gaze because he felt if he stared for too long, then he'd see too much. She sighed and turned on her back, groaning lowly. She couldn't sleep. How could she when her sister was in hospital with people who kidnapped her and Daryl was sitting there... looking attractive.

Allison looked to him again, squinting her eyes as she got a sudden idea. Getting up off the bed slowly, she walked over to him with a sigh, sitting against the window and leaning her head against it, looking at Daryl from the corner of her eye.

Daryl noticed her silence and he looked over, her suddenly looking even more beautiful than she did three minutes ago. He felt drawn to her, like he needed to feel her. He moved towards her slowly and hesitantly as she looked towards him, her eyes shimmering as a smirk was spread across her face.

He reached out and brushed one strand of hair out from her face, her breathing ragged at the sudden contact. She darted her eyes across his face as he looked into her eyes with furrowed eyebrows, squinting at her.

He moved his hand down to the end of her shirt slowly, her heartbeat now fast as she tried to control her breathing. Daryl moved his hand under her shirt and touched her waist lightly with his hand, thinking he'd hurt her.

Allison now noticed that their lips were brushing against each other and she inhaled softly, pressing them against his completely. Daryl pushed his lips against hers and she sighed into the kiss, making him slip his tongue onto her bottom lip. She groaned lowly and gripped his face, pushing hers deeper into his.

He pulled away quickly, looking at her face as she smiled, nodding her head at him. Daryl pulled her shirt over her head slowly, the two now getting up off the floor and moving to the bed, her grunting loudly as her back hit it, making Daryl kiss her again.

He straddled her waist and kissed her again, her responding with the same amount of eagerness. Her fingers reached at the bottom of his shirt, pulling it over his head quickly. She gasped once she saw all his scars on his chest and he sighed, looking down in shame.

"Hey..." Allison whispered, lightly tracing her fingers over them and he squinted at her, a small smile forming on his face.

He looked to her shoulders, seeing scars on them as well, her looking to him in lust. She kissed him and he rolled his hips against hers, Allison wrapping her legs around him, pressing his body down on hers.

She pulled away and touched his lips. This was actually happening. She was actually with him and they didn't have to pretend anymore.

As she went to kiss him again, however, his face was suddenly morphed into a walker. The woman shrieked and pushed him away, but he crawled towards her again, her screaming. "No! No! You're not dead!" She screamed, holding her head as she shut her eyes tightly.

"No, stop!" She cried, holding her body closer to her.

Allison felt hands on her shoulders and her body being shaken. She gasped awake and was instantly greeted with light blue, concerned eyes.

"Hey... you okay?" Daryl asked her, pushing her hair from her face.

The woman nodded and sighed deeply, pushing his hands away as she scooted back into the wall. What a crazy dream. "I'm fine." She told him, swallowing deeply. She didn't want to look at him, afraid that she'd see him being dead again.

"Look at me." He told her as he grabbed her chin gently, her breath shaking. Daryl's eyes softened at her scared expression and he brought her into him with no hesitation. Allison sighed into his chest, not having any more tears left to cry.

She saw it was still dark out and she pulled away from him, looking into his eyes. "Did I wake you?" She asked him, remembering that he had been sleeping on the floor for the night.

Daryl shook his head, biting his lip. "Don't matter. I'm awake now." He whispered, going to get up and walk back to his spot before Allison gripped his wrist, hard.

"Lay with me. Please." She pleaded and he contemplated on it for a couple of moments before he gave in, nodding.

He laid down with her, Allison instantly burying her head into his neck and sighed, closing her eyes.

Daryl wrapped his arms around her tightly and leaned into her, going to sleep for the night.

Got y'all there didn't I 😏