chapter six

ALLISON WALKED OUTSIDE THE DOOR OF THE FARM HOUSE, BREATHING IN THE FRESH AIR. Her wounds were still healing and she could hardly walk without having to use crutches, but she was just glad that she gets to get out from the house.

"Hey... let me help." Glenn Rhee came up to her, his hands out in case she falls onto her face while climbing down the steps. Her and Glenn have become close friends over the past couple weeks, and Allison thinks that she trusts him the most out of Rick's group.

"I'm fine, go with your girlfriend." Allison laughed slightly as he started to stammer and rub his neck nervously. She chuckled, walking over to the group with a strained look on her face as she struggled with the crutches.

She heard a grunt behind her and instantly recognized it as Daryl. He was trying to get around her without exactly talking, which he knew wasn't gonna work. "Sorry." She mumbled, embarrassed as she leaned against the tree, a small distance away from the group.

Lori walked up to her, a small smile on her face. "Here." She handed her a plate of food, to which Allison took with a nod.

It was silent as the group ate their food. Not an awkward silence, more like a comfortable silence. It was like they knew what the other was thinking. That was until Glenn walked up to them, clapping his hands together to get their attention.

"Hey guys..." He started, looking back at Maggie, who was on the porch shaking her head. He turned back, a determined look on his face. "So there's walkers in the barn."

Allison widened her eyes, dropping her food in shock as the rest of the group wore angry faces.

They all got up quickly, giving her dirty looks as they passed her. Shane stopped, gripping her wrist tightly. "Did you know?" He hissed at her, gripping it tighter.

Allison narrowed her eyes at him as he squeezed even tighter, surely leaving a bruise. "Let go." She tried to pull her hand away but he kept his grip, breathing heavily in her face.

"Hey." Daryl's voice made it's way to her ears and Shane let go hesitantly, walking to the barn angrily. He walked towards her, stopping a couple of feet in front of her as he eyed her now bruise wrist. He chewed on his bottom lip as he stared at her.

Allison squinted at him, holding her wrist to her chest. "I didn't know, if that's what you're gonna ask." With that, she hopped away on her crutches.

-

The blonde watched Rick's group argue from across the yard as she sat down on the porch, sighing deeply. The door was pushed open, revealing Sophia with a worksheet in her hand.

"Hey, Ally." She greeted, getting the woman's attention.

"Hey, Soph. What's up?" She leaned forward, smiling at the girl.

"Um..." She trailed off, handing her the paper in her hands. "Can you help me with this?" She asked hesitantly.

Allison smirked and helped the young teenager with her homework and she understood it a little better once she had some help.

"My mom would never help me with anything school related." Sophia mumbled.

Allison's eyebrows furrowed. "Why's that?"

"Well, my daddy would never be happy with her, so she would always go to her room and never talk to anyone while my dad would hit me and yell at me."

Allison's lips turned down, and then she realized that the little girl was abused not too long ago and her eyes teared up at that a little, "You know..." She started, getting Sophia's attention. "When I was around twenty, my boyfriend would do the same to me that your dad did to you. But they can't hurt us now. They're dead and we're alive and that says more about us than it does about them."

Sophia sniffled and wiped her tears away as Allison gave her a small smile of encouragement. After a couple of seconds, the door swung open and revealed Daryl, who walked towards the barn with a determined look on his face.

"Daryl." Allison called out to him, and he turned around with a scowl on his face. "I'm not gonna stop whatever your people are gonna do, but just know that my dad will kick you guys out after this."

The man just nodded before he walked off, not saying anything.

It passed around thirty minutes and Sophia went to go hang out with Carl while Allison stayed on the porch with Maggie and Glenn, the three of them talking about random things.

That was until T-dog and Andrea walked up. "Hey, what's going on? Where is everyone?" She asked, a slight annoyed look on her face.

"You haven't seen Rick?" Glenn asked, walking towards them.

Andrea proceeded to explain that Rick and the others were supposed to go on a run a couple of hours ago.

Shane suddenly walked towards the group, guns in hand, which made Allison furious.

"Thought we couldn't carry?" T-dog asked.

Shane scoffed. "We can and we have to."

It was Allison's turn to speak. "Like hell you will." She struggled to get up from the ground and Beth helped her.

Shane narrowed his eyes at the blonde. "What'd you just say?"

"You don't get to do whatever you want just because you said so. This is not your land, you don't get to choose." She snapped, getting in his face.

He just rolled his eyes and stepped back. "Look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe, but now we know it ain't."

"If you don't like it here, you can leave." Allison told him, making her way towards Maggie.

Shane ignored her comment as Daryl just looked at her with squinted eyes, a look he seems to do often.

"Can you shoot?" He asked Maggie who shook her head and pushed her gun away.

"Can you stop? You do this, my dad will make you leave tonight." She snapped.

"We ain't going anywhere, alright?" At this point the whole group was outside, watching as Shane gave them a speech about how Hershel needs to understand.

Allison was not having it.