chapter thirty-eight

ALLISON SIGHED TIREDLY AND RESTED HER HEAD AGAINST THE SEAT IN THE CAR. They had met a man named Aaron and he was now leading them to a community called 'Alexandria' and he promised that would be safe there. After Maggie had found her by the tree, she wrapped her wrist tightly with a piece of cloth and she just hoped she wouldn't need stitches.

Once Daryl saw her wrist, he knew what happened once he looked to Maggie's face, which was full of tears. He was now sitting beside her in the car as she was slowly starting to fall asleep.

The woman's head moved just as the car turned and landed on Daryl's shoulder, him smiling slightly at her touch. He inhaled deeply and rested his head against hers, not caring if people see. He just needed to feel at peace for about thirty minutes while they drive.

Glenn looked at him from the mirror and raised his eyebrows, smirking slightly at the couple. Allison snuggled up closer and looped her arm in his, him being oddly okay with it. He just missed her being okay around him, like the two had been best friends forever, maybe more...

They had approached the gates and Allison woke up slowly, her hand now resting on Daryl's knee. "Are we here?" She asked, stretching slightly, looking around.

Maggie looked back at her and gave her a small smile, nodding her head. "Sure are. Let's go."

Allison unwinded her body from Daryl's and looked to him sheepishly. "Sorry." She said while looking down.

He just shook his head. "'S alright."

The two got out from the car and looked at the community. It's walls looked perfectly intact, like nothing or no one had hit them. She was impressed. Allison hadn't expected it to look so new and so... normal. She couldn't help but think what her sister would think about this and how much she would like it.

She could just imagine the two of them talking about random things that they enjoyed or how much Beth would gossip about how the girls were mean at school and who slept with who. She missed the little things.

"C'mon." Daryl spoke softly to her and she nodded her head, following everyone into the gate.

"I'm gonna need y'all to turn over your weapons." A curly-haired man spoke, a slight leader tone to his voice.

"If we were gonna use them, we would've started already." Rick walked up, waving his gun around slightly.

Sophia came up from behind Allison and the woman flinched, not expecting someone to be behind her. "Sorry." The girl spoke, giving her a shy smile.

Allison waved her off and then back towards them, hearing the name Deanna.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked, seeming to read everyone's mind.

"She knows everything you would want to know about this place." Aaron spoke, everyone turning around once they heard a walker coming towards the gate.

Sasha turned around and quickly shot it, a smug look on her face.

"It's a good thing we're here."

-

Allison walked into the room, turning around once she saw a woman with a red tint to her hair wearing rather clean clothes and a smile on her face. "Hi." She spoke.

The woman gave her a small smile before sitting down in the chair, her eyes heavy with exhaustion.

"Do you mind if I film this?" Deanna Monroe asked, her voice having a soothing tone to it.

"No, go ahead." She told her, shrugging slightly.

"You're Allison?"

"Yeah... you're Deanna." Allison spoke, sighing afterwards.

"How'd you end up with Rick's group? Did you know him before?" She asked, leaning back into the couch cushion.

"No, um... he came to us at our doorstep with his dying son. My father saved him. He died not to long ago." Allison said, her voice cracking a bit.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Deanna told her, a silence following them. "I saw you with that little girl. Sophia, is it? Is she your daughter?"

"No, no. She's just someone I care about. I care about all of them, actually." Allison told her, looking to her hands.

"You would do anything for them?"

"Yes."

"Kill?" Deanna pushed.

"Yep. Anything." Allison elaborated.

The woman hummed and leaned back, squinting her eyes at the blonde across from her, trying to figure her out.

-

The group had decided to all be in the same house. Just for safety. Some people shared rooms upstairs, like Rick, Carl and Judith, Michonne. Allison was with Sophia downstairs in the living room, along with everyone else. Sophia had found a card game and was playing with Allison, who was all cleaned up and fresh. Daryl sat at the window, looking out at the stars as he listened to Allison's laugh from beside him.

"You're playing totally wrong!" Sophia laughed and Allison just shook her head at the girl, smirking slightly.

"What? There's no wrong way to play go fish!" The blonde laughed, scattered chuckles across the room.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Deanna. "I see you guys found the games." The woman laughed, looking around at everyone. "I also see you guys are staying together... smart."

"We didn't wanna take our chances." Rick spoke, giving her a slight glare.

Deanna nodded her head as the two spoke indistinctively behind Allison, who was getting closer and closer to winning the game.

"Boom. I win." Sophia laughed, setting down her cards that were all matched.

Allison just smiled wide and looked to Daryl, who was already looking at her.