Chapter 1 : New Life

Bella's P.O.V    

Walking home in the dark, cold night. I felt as if there were eyes on me as I walked down the empty alley. I heard quiet footsteps following me and tried not to look back. I quicken my pace down the alley but soon find myself at a dead end. I turned around wanting to face whatever or whoever it is.

There stood in front of me was a young girl, maybe around the age 15 or 16 with blond hair and blood red eyes. The guy beside her also has blood red eyes but he was a brunette. They were the most beautiful people I’ve ever saw in my life. They held a strong and dark aurora around them that made me scared shitless.

“Hello there. My name’s Charlene and this is my mate, Jason.” Her voice sounded like tingling bells on someone’s porch during a windy day. Mate? Does she mean by friend?

“We are really sorry but this will just hurt a lot.” She said and before I could register what was happening she ran at me with an inhuman speed. I was too shocked to move which gave her an upper hand to sink her teeth into my neck. It was burning in every part of my body, like I was lit on fire. I wanted to shout for them to kill me but not one noise escape. My vision started to blur and as slowly as the time pass I slipped into unconsciousness.

Nothing can describe the pain I was in. It felt like I was burning for months and years rather than hours or days. The burning was fading from my toes and fingers suddenly but the fire was going to my heart. I can feel my heart started to beat faster and faster like a helicopter blade.

It suddenly stopped. The pain retreated from my body and it felt cool and relaxing. I was gaining consciousness as I slowly started to open my eyes. I can hear sounds coming from downstairs. My whole body shot up just a second after I thought of sitting up. My reflexes increased so did my senses. I can see, smell and hear clearer.

I heard the sounds of television coming from the floor below. I ran down the stairs quickly but quietly at the same time. I could see two strangers sitting on the couch, the same ones I saw last time. The girl with blonde hair and the guy with brown hair.

“Who are you and what had you done to me?” I blurted out before I could think. My hands shot over my mouth in shock. My voice. It sounded so….new and so bell like. They stood up and approached me. I backed away immediately not liking the closeness between the strangers.  

“You must recognize us from our first encounter in the alley. Like I said that night, I’m Charlene and this is my mate, Jason. We’re vampire and we turned you into one too. You weren’t even supposed to be awake so early.” She said but whispered the last part. I caught it perfectly clear with my new heightened hearing. What did she meant by not that.

“W-why would you do that?” I can’t believe this. I’m a freaking vampire. They weren’t supposed to exist in this world. I must be going crazy. There are no such things as vampires in the world. Yup that’s what it is. I’m crazy.

“We’re sorry. Let’s just sit down and we’ll tell you why.” Her mate, Jason said with sadness in his voice. They led me to the couch and he sat beside Charlene. I sat on the one seat couch opposite of them.

 “ We were walking home one night when we came across your parents. We haven’t hunted in weeks and their scents were very sweet. Both of us lost control. When I was almost done with your mother she told to not hurt her daughter and handed us a picture of her and a necklace to give. She also told us to tell you that they loved you very much. We felt guilty and sorry so we decided to find you and give you immortality. When we’re going back, we saw you. You look the same as the girl from the picture so we found you. You were walking home with groceries in your arms. We decided to change you before you get home. So I bit you and carried you here. We are so sorry that we kill your parents.” She told me and handed me the necklace. It was the necklace I gave mom for her birthday last year and made her swore to never take it off. Tear prickled my eyes but they can’t seem to fall.

“I understand. I just like to be alone for awhile. I hope you can understand.” I told them. All these were too much to take in for a 16 year old. Even as a kid I lived a peaceful life with everything provide for me.

“We get it. But there are some rules that you need to follow if you want to live alone.”  Charlene’s voice held pain and guilt. I felt bad for them. Since my parents are not here anymore I don’t see the point in staying in Phoenix. This place held too many memories, happy and sad ones.

“The main ones are just to not expose our kind to the humans and stay down to not attract attention. The rules are created by the Volturi, our royal you could call them. They are the ones to attend to rule breakers and they collect powerful vampires to join them. As long as you have a power they want, they’ll stop at nothing to get you to join them.” Jason said.

“They have a group of guards so powerful no one can stop them except one coven, the Cullen. Two of the members refused to join the Volturi and their leaders used to be in the Volturi ruling beside our king, Aro. You could go to Forks, Washington where the Cullen are currently staying. It’ll be safer to be near a coven and maybe you could join them. There are vampires in every part of earth. Some human drinkers and some animals drinker like the Cullen.” Charlene continued. I nodded my head in understanding.

Charlene offered me to stay at a house they bought in Forks, Washington that is secluded in the forest, full of wildlife. I refused the offer at first but they insisted so there’s nothing I can do. They also bought me a car and had it parked at the airport parking.

I went back to my old house that night to pack some of my stuff. I took the credit card my parents gave me but I didn’t use and slide it into my wallet. I packed some of my favorite books, pictures of myself and my parents from when I was young and my phone, laptop and Ipod. I said goodbye to that place before closing the door behind me.

I bought an one-way flight ticket to Seattle then another ticket from Seattle to Los Angeles and it leaves at 10 o’clock so that gives me around 5 more hours since it’s 1 now. I even enrolled into a school named ‘Forks High School’ there to finish my studies.

When it was almost 9:30, Jason helped me put all my bags in the cab and I hugged them both goodbye before I got in. I’m so going to miss this place. The place where I call my home. The place where I grew up. I reached the airport in about 15 minutes. I checked in my bags at the counter and left to the departure gate. Following the route I arrived at the plane spot in less than 5 minutes. I gave the flight attendant my passport and ticket for last checking and went to my seat beside the window.

Looking out the window I said my last goodbye to Phoenix. This is the moment I’m going somewhere far away to start my new life. (A/N: I seriously don’t know how far is Phoenix from Forks so don’t scold me if it’s wrong) I took out my book and started reading to waste time. 

Ollah people. If you're reading this I suggest you to stop first and add it to a reading list. I'm currently editting it so everything will be a mess. Maybe there'll be some chapters added or story plot change I mean who knows. I let my mind run wild while I write. Sorry for the inconvience but it'll be totally worth it. 

(¯´•._.• є∂ιтє∂ •._.•´¯)

▌│█║▌║▌║ ÄĻĻ ŖÏĠȞȚŚ ŖËŚËŖVËĐ ║▌║▌║█│▌

VOTE!!

FAN!!

COMMENT!!

ElizaXx