Black Sheep(Damon)

Fluff/Dirty: Vampire!Reader x Damon Salvatore

Imagine being a vampire part of Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline's group of friends, and being left out of things because of you starting to drink and spiral after becoming a vampire, and finding comfort in Damon Salvatore.

You were used to being alone, whether it be physically alone, with no one to speak to, or no one to trust and confide in. As just a young child, you were in multiple abusive situations, and tried to tell your parents and others around you, but everyone either didn't care or didn't believe you until it was too late, and the real damage had already been done. So, by the time you were only nine years old, you had learned to bottle up your feelings and carry on, which was the poor image of strength your only role models had provided for you. You were now in high school, and that was exactly how you acted with your friends, even though you tried your hardest not to. Your friends were Elena Gilbert, Bonnie Bennett, and Caroline Forbes. As much as you loved them, they just weren't like you. None of them were truly damaged the way you were, or understood your pain and how it had shaped your personality. Not even Elena, who had lost so much. You two dealt with grief differently, apparently. Even before you had turned into a vampire, you'd always been the odd one out, and everyone knew it, even you, deep down. While the other girls had all been off shopping, volunteering in the community, and crushing on only about one guy each, you spent most of your time drinking and getting stoned, getting into trouble with the police, and hooking up with a handful of guys at a time. You didn't allow guys to use you, which you supposed was good, but you simply had a fair transaction going on with each one of them; you used each other. You had no idea why, but all the guys thought you were pretty, and wanted you. And you wanted an escape from the ugliness behind the beauty. You always went to the only people who couldn't see you as the ugly, damaged person you were; people who were too busy being entranced by your looks. This always puzzled and worried your friends. They always started arguments with you about how you should stop forming useless and meaningless relationships with people, and start turning your life around, by getting clean and actually trying hard in school. But you always knew the truth; you weren't going anywhere in life, you never were. You had no intelligence, no actual work ethic, no sense of direction, and no regard for your own life; only pain and a love of destruction. You figured you were practically the American dream. Being a vampire was actually better for you in a way. You had nothing, no one, and now, not even fake friends. It was a stupid party that had split you and your friends apart. Three hours ago, your friends had all gotten together at the Grill, where you happened to be drinking with some random guy. You were absolutely enraged when you saw them; you'd asked them to hang out, but they'd all blown off your text to the group chat. You had just thought that they were all busy. But no, there they were, having fun together, without you.
"Hey," you called loudly across the room, past the point of sobriety where you cared about volume.
"Oh, uh.... (Y/N)," Bonnie stared, looking back at forth between Elena and Caroline.
"I don't know," Caroline mouthed in a panic.

She was a notoriously terrible liar.
"So, uh.... I'm guessing you didn't see my text, right?" you asked expectantly.
"Oh, no. We're so, so sorry, I hope you're not mad," Caroline managed.
"Mad? Me? Pfft," you scoffed. "I'm not mad. Why would I be mad at my best friends in the world?! We're friends! We love each other, and love being around each other. Right? You've always, you know.... supported me, been kind to me, asked me to go places with you...." you trailed off only somewhat drunkenly.

They could see you still had a flask in your hand.
"Okay, you know what, (Y/N)?" Caroline said loudly and clearly.
"Caroline," Elena whispered.
"No, Elena, I think enough is enough," she announced. "Yeah, (Y/N), we didn't invite you. We didn't invite you because you're a pain to be around!"
"Care," Elena repeated.