Superman(Marcel)

Fluff: Reader x Marcel Gerard

Imagine dating Marcel while he's the king of New Orleans.

It was late at night and you were alone at your home in New Orleans. Or so you thought. You heard a slight bang on your wall, coming from the hallway right outside of your door. You weren't stupid; you didn't invite anyone over or order any food. You knew that it was someone coming after you. Your penthouse was very high up; it couldn't have been someone outside for no reason. But it also could've been someone on their way to their door past yours as well, but you knew the odds of that. You knew exactly why someone would come for you as well; your boyfriend was the legendary Marcel Gerard, vampire king of New Orleans, a mantel once upheld by the madman Klaus Mikaelson. It was both a coveted and cursed position to hold. You carefully pulled out one of your guns from your downstairs closet and readied it. You hid silently behind a large plant, waiting for someone to burst in the door. As your final failsafe, you called your vampire boyfriend Marcel just in case, placing your phone on a nearby table. Sure enough, within moments, they did. Four men and two women. You shot your gun at them without hesitation, sending wooden, vervain and wolfsbane-laced bullets flying. You were human, but that didn't scare you. Those bullets could kill vampires, werewolves, and humans. These hired hitmen, you had quickly realized, were vampires, judging by the red eyes, popping veins, and long fangs. Your bullets had already hit three of the men, and you continued shooting as the other three hired guns charged at you. You shot at one of them, and he dodged your bullets, running out towards the balcony, and actually used his strength to break through the stone railing on the balcony, jumping down below to avoid being shot. Now only the two women were left. Your breath became even quicker and more panicked, but you still pushed through and kept shooting. One woman was down, but the other remained. She was much faster than the others, and charged at you. You were right near the broken ledge outside. She was nearing, now moving at a fairly normal human pace. Panicked, you moved too quickly to stop yourself, and fell off the ledge. It was a long ways down, and you weren't a vampire or a werewolf. You were definitely going to die. You were over a hundred feet above ground, right above the street. You feared for your very life, and it seemed the entire thing flashed before your eyes as you fell. It was terrifying. Just when you had lost all hope and had fully processed that you were about to die, your falling body care to a sudden halt against a firm, still one. You had landed in the arms of Marcel, your boyfriend, and then were sped away from the street. Marcel stood on the sidewalk with you in his arms.
"Marcel," you laughed in disbelief.
"I got your call. I heard gunshots," he explained. "I was so afraid I'd lose you. Never do that to me again," Marcel Gerard sighed.
"Will do, believe me," you nodded.
"Whoever ordered this hit...." Marcel breathed, setting you down gently and making sure you were okay. "I'm going to kill them, and slowly."
"Well.... you do what you gotta do, babe," you smiled.

You kissed him lovingly. He sighed to himself fearfully, thankful that you were alive.
"My Superman," you grinned, forehead pressed against his. "Somehow.... I think I knew you'd catch me."
"My Lois Lane. I will always be there to catch you when you fall," he promised. "I'd do absolutely anything for you, (Y/N). I love you, so much, and I won't let you forget it."
"I don't plan on it, baby," you nodded.
Marcel sighed. "I thought I'd be giving you everything as king, but apparently not. I hope I can make up for it by being the most loyal, caring boyfriend ever," he smiled. "New Orleans is about to find out exactly what its king is willing to do for the one he loves."