Without You(Kol)

Angst/Fluff: Girl Reader x Kol Mikaelson

Imagine after you and Kol have a temporary break-up, he comes back to try and fix things because he wants to be with you.

"Coming!" you called as someone at your door had rang the doorbell twice.

You opened the door. shocked to see your ex boyfriend, Kol Mikaelson, standing outside on the cold, gloomy weather waiting for you.
"What are you doing here?" you asked quietly.
"Isn't it obvious, love?" he asked, forcing a smile through his pain. "I'm here to tell you that I still love you, that I'm very sorry for the way things happened, and that I want to make this work."

You could tell your ex boyfriend had still been crying after you had both broken up. You and your gorgeous ex boyfriend Kol had broken up not because one of you didn't love the other, but because Kol's controlling and manipulative psychopath of a brother, Klaus, was demanding thy Kol go back home with him to New Orleans. Naturally, Kol felt an obligation to the people in his hometown, having not seen them for a very long time, but you, of course, couldn't just leave everything behind in Mystic Falls, your home, just like that. You had a life, a job, and.... a five year-old daughter. On top of that, you were only twenty-two, and not ready to start your own life in a new state. You and Kol had decided that he needed to officially and indefinitely return home, where his mere presence wouldn't be causing any issues like it had here. But apparently, he wasn't okay with that decision after all. You weren't particularly sure about speaking to him about this again.... the breakup had completely broken your heart. You didn't want to discover the possibility of not having to break up, only to have to relive the whole thing over again.
"Kol...." you murmured. "I honestly don't know what to say."
"Well, if you're up for it.... 'come in' would be a good start," he offered.
"Sure. Let's talk," you decided with a sigh, as he took a seat at your counter.
"Want anything?" you offered, pouring yourself a glass of wine, seeing as you'd definitely need it.
"Pour me a glass of that as well, could you please?" your ex asked.

You nodded. You weren't angry at Kol, seeing as the reason for your split was a very mature one, and yours and Kol's breakup had not been a very angry one, but an incredibly sad one; you were both heartbroken by the unfortunate circumstances of your relationship. You weren't angry at each other; just your lives. You handed a glass of wine to Kol, and sat beside him.
"So," you murmured, not knowing where to start. "What did you think that might change.... us?" you asked.
"Darling, I'll be honest with you," Kol Mikaelson began. "I couldn't imagine living without you, but I didn't know how it would be possible that you and I could be together...."
"Right," you nodded. "Like we said, it would pretty much be impossible.... you're going with your family back to New Orleans. I can't go with you, and for that I'm sorry."
"Yes," he agreed, putting his hand over yours.

You weren't so sure about physical contact between you two.... it could lead to more trouble. But luckily, Connie, your daughter, was in the house at the moment.
"But what if I didn't have to go back to New Orleans, love?" Kol pointed out.
"What?" you gasped. "What do you mean?! You mean you wanna stay here?" you inquired incredulously.
"Well, don't look too excited," he chuckled. "Yes. I love you too much to leave you behind, so then I thought.... why leave you ever again?"
"Are you sure about that? Leaving your siblings, and your old home?" you asked, still reeling from the shock of his idea.
"They don't need me there every single day," he pointed out. "I mean, I can visit the lot of them every now and then...."
"I can't believe this," you murmured. "You really wanna leave your old life behind? For me?"
"That's not my life anymore," he smiled, leaning in to romantically look you in the eyes. "You are. I know that now."
"Kol.... you don't have to do this, you can go back home," you reasoned.
"But you're my home, (Y/N)," Kol answered. "Every time my brother's dragged me out of a place, I've always known I'd get over it, that I wouldn't miss it. I'd never grown attached to any one place. But then, when Nik told me I had to pack my bags and leave you behind.... I just couldn't," he confessed, tears in his eyes.
"Kol...." you breathed.

  He sighed

He sighed. "I love you, (Y/N). I always will. If you'll have me, I'd live to love you for the rest of my life, and to live here with you," he told you. "I made a mistake letting you go, and I'm sorry I did."
"You're sure about this, Kol?" you asked.
"Of course I am," he replied with a happy smile.
"Then of course I'll have you, Kol. I love you, so much," you hugged him with relief, as he embraced you, gently stroking your hair.

Kol Mikaelson pulled away from you for a moment, giving you a sweet, tender kiss, looking you right in the eyes.
"I will always be by your side," he vowed.
"Then I guess you and I are back on after all.... it's a shame, I was so looking forward to getting back into the dating pool again," you teased.

Kol only raised an eyebrow.
"Come on, you know you're the only one for me," you promised with a roll of your eyes as the two of you kissed.
"Mommy! Kol!" you heard your daughter's voice scream as she ran into the kitchen.
"Oh, Connie! Hello, little one!" Kol beamed as he scooped her up into his lap.

You shook your head as you watched them enjoy each other's company.
"Connie. I thought I said to stay in your room," you reminded her. "Oh, well. I always did like seeing you two together."
"I knew you'd come back, Kol!" Connie looked up at Kol.
You smiled at her words. "Yeah. I did too, honey."