Prisoner(Marcel)

Fluff/Angst: Marcel Gerard x Reader

Imagine Marcel kidnapping you because you're close to Klaus and using you as a hostage, but not hurting you because he secretly cares.

You woke in a dark and uncomfortable place, a prison cell, you quickly realized.
"Marcel," You grunted, seeing him between the bars.
"Finally, (Y/N), you're awake. I was starting to think you wouldn't, which would be a huge problem," Marcel Gerard ignored you.
"What do you want with me?" You groaned in pain.

You were human, and you had a large gash on your head, from what you had no idea.
"Simple. You're my hostage, my leverage against Klaus Mikaelson. Once he gives me what I want, you're free. Don't expect a rescue anytime soon; you're a human he met three years ago. Always and forever doesn't apply to you. I'd start getting comfortable," he said in a calm monotone.
"F**k you. Klaus cares about me," you assured him.
"We'll see," Marcel said nonchalantly. "You have a cut," he noticed. "Wouldn't want my leverage to die off on me. Here," he sighed, grabbing a nearby plastic cup, biting his wrist and dripping a small amount of his own blood into it.

He placed it carefully at the front of your cell between bars, backing away as you cautiously reached for it. You reached your hand all the way forward as well. The cage was spelled; you couldn't put your hand through the bars. You supposed it was built to hold more powerful creatures than humans.
"I wouldn't recommend trying to escape," Marcel agreed as he recognized your thought process, then vampire speeding away.

****

  "I got your food," Marcel announced a little while later.

He'd been sooner than you'd thought.
  "About time. I'm starving," you teased as he handed you a (plate/bowl).
  "Sorry you're caught in the middle of this," he apologized again as he sat down in front of the cage.
  "It's fine," you promised. "Klaus is like family to me. Besides, I'm too.... tired to care," you groaned in pain, scarfing down the food as if it were nothing, lying back down on the ground.
  "Being a part of Klaus's inner circle.... it's not all pain and suffering. I remember there were some good times too," Marcel remembered fondly.
  "Tell me one. Anything," you requested. "It's cold, and there's no sky, no view, no nothing."
  "I'll keep that in mind," he nodded. "I remember this one time, when Klaus and Rebekah were teaching me how to use a sword. We were arguing, and.... I called Klaus some name or other. I don't even remember what it was," he laughed. "But he was ready to rip me a new one."
  "Did he?" You asked curiously.
  "No, he didn't, actually," Marcel chuckled. "We were interrupted by Drunk Elijah."
  "Oh, wow," you laughed. "I didn't even think that was even a thing."
  "Oh, trust me, it was," he replied.

The storytelling went on until about an hour later, when you had slowly drifted off to sleep. Marcel noticed this, and only smiled to himself. He sighed, seeing your body pulled into itself as you froze on the floor of the cold, dark cage.
  "I'll get you that blanket, (Y/N)," he promised quietly.

****

  "It's been almost a full day. You've gotta be hungry," Marcel reasoned.
  "I'm not," you argued quietly. "I don't want anything you have to give me."
  "(Y/N). You're hungry; eat. Klaus is the one I want to punish here; not you. What's your favorite food?" He asked impatiently.

You remained silent.
  "What's your favorite food?" Marcel compelled you.
  "(Y/F/F)," you replied automatically.
  "Good. Shouldn't be too difficult," he nodded, walking away. "I'll be back as soon as I can."
  "Wait!" You shouted breathlessly.
  "Yes, (Y/N)?" Marcel asked patiently.
  "Why are you so.... nice to me?" You asked, confused.
  "It's not kindness, (Y/N). This is not a good example of kindness. I kidnapped you to use against someone else when you've done nothing to me. It's the very least I can do. I'm merely paying you a debt," he explained, walking away without another word.
  "Come here," you growled, and Marcel stared, walking towards your cage. "Why don't you let people in, Marcel? Why do you insist on keeping everyone at arm's length?"
  "I'm just keeping you as safe as I can. I don't want any innocent blood on my hands. That's not the man I am. I've got principles," he explained.
  "This isn't just about principles, Marcel," you persisted. "I've known you for a little while now. Your principles would be keeping me alive, and bothering to have someone feed me every so often. Not healing all of my cuts, or compelling me to find out my favorite food, or telling me bedtime stories. So either you're feeling pretty guilty about keeping me here, or something else is going on," you eyed him skeptically.

Marcel sighed, stepping closer and closer to the cell. You only stood there, dead still. You were completely frozen, unable to speak or move as he quickly and impulsively kissed you.
  "I love you. I've always loved you, (Y/N). That's why I've always stayed away. You care about Klaus, and he considers you family. I won't do that to you. I won't let you be my prisoner for all eternity," Marcel Gerard murmured.
"I wouldn't be your prisoner, Marcel! Don't you get it?! I really love you for you!"
"I'm sorry, (Y/N). But whether you're in a cage or free doesn't matter. Loving me will make you a prisoner," Marcel
replied, speeding away.
  "Marcel?" You called sadly, tears in your eyes. "Marcel!"

****

You awoke to a gentle knocking on your cell door as it was unlocked.
  "Marcel," you groaned. "It's been almost two days."
  "Yeah. That's being kidnapped for you. Klaus came through. You can leave now," he announced.
  "Seriously?" You asked. "You're just going to act like the other day never happened?"
  "(Y/N)...." Marcel sighed.
  "Don't," you shook your head. "You were wrong, Marcel. You're too selfish to love me."
  "I-I was just trying to do the best thing for you," he reasoned.
  "I don't want the best thing for me, Marcel," you argued. "I just want you. Call me when you're ready to reconsider your principles."

With that being said, you left him standing there, alone, in the still cold and dark underground cellar.