Ride Or Die(Damon)

Fluff/Angst: Human!Reader x Damon Salvatore

Imagine being Damon's partner in crime, and being willing to do anything for each other.

"I just don't understand why you would let him go!" You cried frustratedly.
"What is there to understand, (Y/N)?" Damon groaned. "He's Bonnie's friend, and he's a human! What am I supposed to do?"
"Kill him, or something!" You cried, as if it were the most obvious of solutions.
"But the thing is, he didn't! And did you completely miss the part where I said that he's Bonnie's friend?!"
"He also almost killed Stefan, Damon!" You pointed out.
"(Y/N), you know that being an adult means sacrificing your pride for others. I've always been bad at that, but I have to start turning over a new leaf," he argued firmly.

  "You know I love you, and that I will always want you to keep becoming a better person

"You know I love you, and that I will always want you to keep becoming a better person. But we can't let someone so despicable who also tried to murder your brother live," you reasoned. "It's not in our nature, people like you and me. Vampire or human, we always get our revenge," you said darkly.
"I know, babe, I know! I have to live with it every single day! I'm a natural born killer, okay?! Vampire or not! Is that what you wanted me to admit to you, or to myself?! Because there you go!" Damon Salvatore boomed. "But the difference between us is, I can't live with it like you! I'm just not naturally content with being a bad person! I'm not sure if I envy or pity you, God!"

After that comment, you couldn't even speak. You were completely taken aback by his tactless exclamation of anger and frustration. He had hurt you. The man you loved had actually said something so hurtful and so unfair that it hurt so much more. Damon saw his mistake just as he saw the look of pure pain and contempt forming in your eyes, as well as the tears.
"I—" he sighed, seeming to give up on himself.

You did as well.
"Whatever, Damon. No need to take it back; it is true, after all. I am a monster. I am a bad person. I am somehow fine with who I am, for better or for worse. I'm out of here," you announced, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

****

Not an hour later, you found yourself at a bar, already having half drowned your sorrows and troubles in hard liquor, wishing for it to relieve the pain of the situation. But it didn't. You did not feel any type of relief or healing. All that you could find within yourself was your unwavering but still painful loyalty to Damon, and your insatiable need to throw your life away. You were no stranger to recklessness. Both the worst and best things to ever happen in your life fame to you by chance of your own recklessness. Damon was definitely one of those things.
"I can't take this anymore," you groaned, throwing money onto the bar counter as you irritably set your beer down.

It was time you handled your business.

****

It was the next morning, and you woke up in a cold, bright room. Your eyes opened slowly. You already knew that you were in pain and tried to delay your inevitable waking up as much as possible. Your memories of the night before were only just beginning to return to you.
"Oh. There she is," a voice said from outside. "Come on, Sleeping Beauty. You've got a visitor."
"A visitor?" You groaned, rubbing your eyes and burying your face in your hands. "Where am I?"
  "I think you'll figure it out in a minute," she smirked, as you heard a metal door unlocked. "Let's go."