Heaven(Klaus)

Fluff: Reader x Klaus Mikaelson

Imagine Klaus breaking down in front of a crowd after not being able to win you back.

  "You just don't get it! I've had enough of this. Every time I see you.... I—I go back to that night," you whispered, sobbing. "I saw you kill someone right in front of me."
  "(Y/N), I—" your ex boyfriend protested.
  "No, Klaus! You need to just stop. All I want is to have a nice, normal life, and I can't do that with you here to murder people I know," you whispered, scoffing tearfully as you headed back to your table.  
  "Everything okay?" one of your friends asked.
  "Yeah," you nodded. "I just had to give some crackhead five bucks. Asshole pretended I punched him, like f**king Ezal or some sh*t."

****

A half hour later, karaoke was open, and the mic was available to anyone. You gasped painfully as Klaus Mikaelson drunkenly took the mic, requesting a song.
  "Oh no," you murmured.

You could only watch in terror as Klaus took the stage. The music started, and you buried your face in your hands. While you were almost repulsed by the sight of him, all the other women in the bar were head over heels for him at first glance.
  "Ladies and gentlemen of New Orleans.... this song as dedicated to a very.... special person in my life. They know who they are."

  "Oh, good Lord

  "Oh, good Lord."
  "A drop in the ocean," Klaus sang softly yet very well. "A change in the weather. I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert. But I'm holding you closer than most, because you are my heaven."

  "Some crackhead," your friend stared in awe

  "I don't wanna waste the weekend, if you don't love me, pretend," Klaus sang, looking right in your direction. 
  "(Y/N)?" one of your friends stared at you. "What's going on."
  "I, uh...." you didn't know how to finish.
  "It's too late to cry, too broken to move on. And I still can't let you be. Most nights I hardly sleep, don't take what you don't need from me."
  "I'm out," you announced, tears in your eyes, racing out the door.

Everyone watched in confusion as Klaus immediately dropped the microphone, chasing after you, creating a huge spectacle. Your friends had no idea what was happening; you hadn't told them yet that you had been dating an Original vampire for a year.
  "Wait, please," Klaus Mikaelson called after you. "I need you!"

  "And I needed you!" You cried, whipping around angrily

  "And I needed you!" You cried, whipping around angrily. "I needed you, to be a good boyfriend to me, and to be someone I could trust! You killed one of my old classmates, not someone I loved, but someone I used to know! How could I live, knowing that every so often, I'd hear, "Hi, (Y/N)", "Good to see you, (Y/N)", "Happy birthday, (Y/N)", and suddenly I never will again, all because of you!" you pointed out.
  "I know that. And if I could've prevented what happened—"
  "No, I get it," you promised tearfully. "I know she was a witch, and a bad one. I know she had to die. But now, after what happened when I tried to stop you.... all I see is death when I look at you, and I can't take that feeling!"
  "I know," Klaus promised. "I know that feeling. I know that I'm a monster, and that I could never deserve you. But I also know that I should've done right by you. Please, (Y/N). Let me make it up to you. At least give me the chance to be a good boyfriend to you, because you deserve it."
"Klaus," you sighed sharply. "I don't know what to tell you. A part of me wants to run away as far as possible, before you somehow make me love you. And the other part.... the other part says that I already love you, and that I should stick beside you. I don't know what to do."
"So leave me," Klaus Mikaelson nodded understandingly. "If I hurt you so much.... just leave me."
"That's what makes me love you, Klaus," you sighed. "The part of you that's willing to put me first, the part that loves me. I'm not gonna leave you."
"But?" He asked. "I'm sensing that there's a 'but' in there somewhere."
"I just need some time. Don't do anything else, please, Klaus. You're as close as you can get to having me back for now," you sighed, walking back into the bar.