Christmas Preferences(Kol)

Fun
Fluff/Dirty: Vampire!Reader x Kol Mikaelson

Imagine dating Kol and him wanting to have a fun and unique Christmas celebration with you, but you have bad memories associated with Christmas so you try to make the whole day about sex while he tries to figure what your problem is.

"Come on, you're being such a prude!" you whined.
"Oh, come on, (Y/N)! You know you can't challenge my willingness to have sex with you!" Kol cried defensively. "You're my Kryptonite!"
  "Why not?" you whined.
  "You know the rule," your boyfriend reminded you. "No sex before cookies and presents."
  "Whose rule is that?!" you cried.
  "I don't know!" Kol shrugged defensively. "It just makes sense! Come on, darling, we have so many Christmas festivities to partake in. Just wait another hour or so."
  "Fine," you smirked, kissing him sweetly. "Only because I love you."
  "Fantastic!" Kol Mikaelson exclaimed.
"Come on. Go and get changed into your Christmas pajamas."
  "Jesus, I did not realize how seriously you take Christmas," you sighed. "I'm not wearing the matching pajamas."
  "Please?" Kol pouted.
  "No."
  "Come on, (Y/N), it'll be fun," he continued.
  "Alright. Today can be your day," you conceded. "As long as you put it on for me."
  "Deal," Kol grinned.

****

Once you were changed, you made your way downstairs with Kol, your boyfriend of five months, and close friend of three years. You sighed silently to yourself as you stared at the perfectly and beautifully decorated Christmas tree and gingerbread house, all done by Kol of course. You had no idea how to tell him what you saw every time you saw anything relating to the holiday. It was your first Christmas with him. You were a vampire, immortal and practically invincible, but somehow it was still one of the most difficult things you could ever think about.
  "Presents first and foremost," Kol announced.
  "Aw," you smiled, eyes filling with tears. "You actually got me something?"
  Kol seemed genuinely saddened by your surprise. "Oh, (Y/N), darling. Of course I did. Why wouldn't I get something extra special for the one I love?"

He moved towards you as you sat on the couch by the tree, picking up a hidden gift box.
  "Merry Christmas, love," he smiled. "Open it."

You smiled gratefully, tearing the nice wrapping as nicely as you could. Inside was the small white box, which you opened slowly. Inside was a small object strung onto a simple black cord by a piece of wire, which you then realized was wrapped around what looked like a diamond.
  "Oh, my God, Kol.... what is this?" you gasped. "It's beautiful."
  "It's actually the first blood diamond ever found," your boyfriend explained with a smile.
  "Oh, my God!" you cried. "Kol! I love you, you know that, right?! Thank you so much, and you're crazy! How did you even get that?!"
  "I compelled a miner for it, many years ago. I didn't know what to do with it. I never sold it, because I figured one day it would be nearly priceless. But then.... I realized that anything, even a blood diamond, would be worthless without some sort of larger purpose, something truly beautiful and meaningful. So I thought I'd make it into a meaningful gift for you," he smiled.
  "Thank you," you chuckled tearfully, wrapping him in a tight hug. "Kol Mikaelson, you are something else."
  "I know, love," Kol promised, kissing your forehead as you embraced him.
  "I don't think I can top that," you murmured.
  "Don't worry, I won't hold you to such a ridiculously standard. Anything you could possibly give me, I would consider priceless," he promised lovingly as he placed the necklace he'd made around your neck.
  "Okay," you nodded, picking up your tiny box for him, which you had also hidden near the tree. "This is for you, babe."

He smiled as he began opening his gift, and looked up at you happily.
  "Plane tickets to Phuket," Kol Mikaelson gasped excitedly.
  "That's right," you nodded.

A while ago, Kol had told you about all of his travels, and his favorite place to visit; Phuket in Thailand. He had been wanting to show you, since you'd never been.
  "I already know we'll treasure these memories forever," he chuckled happily.
    "Yeah," you agreed. "So. Obviously we're both excellent gift-givers, and we've both received our dream gifts. I say this is the perfect time to get laid."
  Kol grinned, but then his suggestive grin turned to a saddened and confused stare. "(Y/N)," he sighed. "What's wrong?"
  "Nothing, babe," you smiled painfully.
  "You know that I know you better than that. I love you, and I want you to trust me; tell me what's wrong, please," Kol insisted.
  "Okay," you nodded, taking a deep breath. "I.... I've been worried about Christmas with you since, well, I didn't have a very good childhood, and Christmas was always when I realized that the most. A lot of my.... loneliness comes from Christmas. Other kids got Barbie dolls, and train sets. I got.... neglect and hurtful remarks. From my own family. I've even had some of the worst things that have ever happen to me happen on Christmas," you admitted. "'My family put up the decorations, but they never made them mean anything good."
  "I see," Kol nodded. "I can absolutely understand why you would be hesitant to really explain this to me, but.... if I'm being honest, it still hurts me a bit, darling."

And in that moment, you realized that happy, cheeky Kol Mikaelson did in fact have tears in his eyes. And so, you did as well.
  "You mean a lot to me, (Y/N). You are.... the best relationship I've had in a very long time. I want us to be able to feel comfortable and loved together," Kol explained tearfully.
  "Don't think you're doing anything wrong," your tears flowed slowly. "I love you, more than I've loved just about anyone else. And you make me feel so, so appreciated, and loved, and understood. It's just.... no one has ever really put in the time and effort for me. I'm still working on this whole thing, but I'm doing it all for you," you smiled through the hurt. "I know how much you love me, and I honestly do feel the same."
  "You really do?" Kol asked. "I'm not just.... I don't know, sex to you?"
  "Of course you're not!" you breathed. "Every time I look at you, I see Kol Mikaelson, loving and honestly perfect Kol Mikaelson who could never let me down. I'm sorry I made you feel like I didn't trust you, or really love you. Because I do. So, so much."
  Kol nodded with a happy smile. "Good. Because when I'm with you, I feel like the world is mine. And I want you to be my world."
  "I could only hope," you chuckled. "I'm not playing around with you. I've been hurt too many times to hurt someone else. I know how special this is to you, and I want to be able to share this day with you."
  "Really?" He asked hopefully.
  "Of course," you replied. "I do have some wounds from the past, but.... I love you so much that I think, no matter what, eventually you will help me heal those."

Kol sighed in relief, wrapping you in a caring hug.
  "I love you, (Y/N). Never let me go."
  "I'll never let you go, Kol Mikaelson. I just hope I never hurt you," you confessed.
  "I know you don't want to hurt me. That way, you could never hurt me," he promised. "I'm not perfect either. I know you'd be just as accepting of me."
  "I promise you, Kol, I don't just want sex from you."
  "Then what do you want?" he asked, as you both lie down on the couch, holding each other.
  "I want to love you and to be loved by you. I want us to have something truly epic. I want a real future," you murmured.
  "Well. That's exactly what I want," Kol agreed.
  "Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, sex is definitely one part of the whole package, but.... you've given me the type of love and hope that no one else can," you chuckled happily.
  "You are so amazing, darling, that.... sometimes it really is incredible to me that we even crossed paths. I don't get a lot of good things just handed to me in my life, so.... I suppose that only makes me want to hold onto you even tighter. Any man would be a fool not to," Kol cooed. "I love you so much, it could drive me insane."
  "You're the reason I'm not lost," you sighed.
  "All I can think about now is holding you close to me, and leaving everything else behind me," your boyfriend mused. "Somehow.... you make the most horrible, mundane things seem so fun. You make every single day of my life just like Christmas. Eternity with you doesn't even seem like enough."