Christmas Preferences(Tyler)

You're Welcome
Angst/Fluff: Reader x Tyler Lockwood

Imagine Tyler indulging you in your furious and heartbroken rant about your family.

You wiped a tear from you face, bursting through your front door and slamming your keys and wallet on the ground as you raced toward the liquor cabinet. It was late at night, almost three in the morning. You had just returned from your family Christmas party, and it was a complete disaster. Your boyfriend had just come downstairs.
  "Drinking straight from the bottle?" he noticed the bottle of white wine. "What's the occasion?"

In your angst, you didn't even hear him at first, lost in your thoughts and pain. You only sat there, drinking and crying softly.
  "(Y/N)?" Your boyfriend asked, realizing that something was wrong. "What happened?"
  "My mom and vodka happened," you muttered. "Then my stepdad and everyone else happened."
  "Oh, (Y/N)," Tyler sighed. "I knew I should've gone with you."
  "No," you growled as you drank. "You're better off not knowing my family. I know I would be. Wouldn't wanna scare you off."
  "Babe," Tyler murmured as he sat sideways with you on the couch, staring right into your eyes as he faced you. "You could never scare me off. I promise you. I love you too much to ever be scared of you."
  "Okay," you nodded slowly. "Thank you."
  "You're welcome," he smiled. "And you're welcome to rant as much as you want. I'm no stranger to family drama and uncontrollable rage. Tell me what happened."
  You smiled, grateful to have such an understanding boyfriend. "Well, before anything even happened, I was getting tired of being social, and I was asking everyone to wrap it up for a little while, since we all agreed to stay for a couple of hours at the most, but somehow more than seven went by at that point. I was not in a good mood. My mom was being a total bitch about it. But the whole thing really happened started with my aunt's drunk emotional breakdown, actually. She snapped, and made my little cousin cry. But she kept on yelling and crying, and, of course, my mom and all the other women decided to try and offer support, or as I call it, toxic feminism," you explained bitterly.
  "I get it," Tyler Lockwood nodded. "I've seen that type of family dynamic before. It's never fun."
  "Exactly!" You cried in agreement. "So then, my mom was trying to deal with another family's sh*t, totally wasted! Obviously, that was when my stepdad wanted to leave and make the whole thing easier for everyone. And the only reason I was even still there was because they were my ride home! My mom was long gone at that point."
  "God, that sucks! I'm sorry," Tyler sighed.
  "Yeah. That only made things worse. My mom's drunk ass started going crazy on his ass when he finally decided to call her out on her sh*t and tell her to get in the car! That took about an hour, but didn't do sh*t. Of course, after a while, all of my aunts decided to jump in, and do the exact same thing my mom was doing! It was everyone against my stepdad, and everyone knows he wouldn't say sh*t! So I jumped in and told my mom to get going, and everyone started attacking me! So my stepdad and I got thrown out of the party, and my mom came out all pissed, as if it was our fault everyone  was arguing, and obviously it was a great ride on the way home!" You sobbed angrily.

Tyler nodded sympathetically, stroking your hair as he held you. He sighed, planting a gentle kiss on your forehead.
  "Just let it all out, babe. I love you."
  "I hate her! I f**king hate her!" You shouted. "Why does she have to make everything such a pain in the ass?!"
  "I don't know, baby," Tyler replied exhaustedly. "People suck."
  "They do," you nodded.
  "A hell of a way to spend your Christmas," he mumbled as you took a giant swing of wine.
  "Yeah," you scoffed. 
  "Look, I know how you feel and I know there might not be anything that'll cheer you up or make you feel any better right now, but maybe you wanna open your Christmas present?" He tried.
  You looked up at him, smiling lovingly. "You are the most thoughtful man in the world. Of course I would."
  "Okay," Tyler Lockwood nodded, chuckling slightly as he handed you the small package he'd brought down with him.
  "Thank you, Ty. I love you," you smiled.
  "Love you too," Tyler answered.

You tore off the wrapping paper and opened the box, to reveal another tiny white box inside. Inside of that was a ring. You gasped tearfully as Tyler Lockwood slowly got down on one knee.
  "I know this is definitely awful timing, (Y/N), but if I've learned anything it's that there really isn't a good time for anything. And that I love you more than anything in the world. You make me smarter, stronger, and a better man, if that's not too cheesy. We've been through hell and back, and you've stuck by me through it all. I was more than willing to do the same. I know I'm far from perfect. I'm a total dick to people, I lash out, I get moody, I come with a lot of baggage, and flaws. But you've dealt with it. You accept and love every single part of me, the good, the bad, and the ugly. You're everything I could ever ask for, and everything I don't deserve." So that leaves my one question. (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)—"
  "Yes! Yes, Tyler, yes!" you shouted.
  "Alright," he smiled breathlessly. "That saves some time," he smirked as you kissed him happily.
  "I don't care what's wrong in our lives, as long as we can face it together," you promised. "You're the only one I wanna spend the rest of my life loving. I'll always love you unconditionally, Tyler. This was the best Christmas present you could've possible given me, and it definitely did make me feel a million times better. All I really care about now is become (Y/N) Lockwood."
  "I will always love you unconditionally, (Y/N). Don't you ever forget it," Tyler sighed, holding you tightly. "Now let's go to bed, and we can live out a brand new adventure tomorrow.