Christmas Preferences(Elijah)

Nostalgia and Ghosts
Fluff: Vampire!Reader x Elijah Mikaelson

Imagine spending a Christmas with Elijah where all he can think about are the horrors of his past and worrying that he's a burden to you.

You opened your eyes slowly, and realized the cold and empty space beside you in your bed. Elijah Mikaelson, your boyfriend of six years, was not there. The shower was running; that's where he was, you figured. And so, also feeling the need to shower, you stripped down and entered the bathroom, making sure to announce your presence as you entered the shower right beside him.
"(Y/N). Good morning," he smiled, wrapping an arm around your waist and kissing you.

  "You're up a little early, babe," you noticed

"Couldn't really sleep," he explained, gently pulling you closer to the water and running his fingers through your air as he wet it.
"Oh. Excited for presents?" you teased, your back to his chest.

You could feel him chuckle softly.
"Of course. I always love seeing what you get me; yours is ready as well," he answered as he massaged shampoo into your scalp.
You sighed with pleasure. "You sound tired."
"Oh, I'm alright, darling," Elijah promised. "Why don't we watch a family Christmas movie?" he suggested.
"Good idea, I'll make the hot chocolate," you nodded.
"Perfect," he smiled. "And before you ask, no, Bad Santa does not count as a family Christmas movie."

  "Oh, boo," you groaned

"Oh, boo," you groaned. "What about Bad Santa 2?"
Your boyfriend sighed. "You know, Bad Santa I can handle. Bad Santa was funny, in a very inappropriate and somewhat depressing way. Bad Santa 2 was more fully depressing, f**ked up, and in an even more disgusting way."
"Yeah, you're right, now that you think about it, that sequel was totally f**ked up," you agreed. "Now that I think about it, it's probably the most messed up movie I've ever seen."
"Are you sure about that?" he asked. "Because The Human Centipede literally exists."