Last Words and Goodbyes: Between Brothers(Elijah, Klaus)

(Based off of Last Words And Goodbyes, but with the Mikaelsons)
Angst: Elijah Mikaelson X Female Reader X Klaus Mikaelson

Imagine being on your deathbed after Elijah has tried to romantically win you over for months, without knowing that his brother Klaus had been doing the same.

"No," Klaus Mikaelson said with finality. "I refuse to stand in the middle of this ridiculous feud between you and the wolves. Work it out, like you always have."
  "Brother, this is different!" Elijah Mikaelson pleaded with him desperately. "If you sit back and do nothing, (Y/N) will die! Is that blood you want on your hands?!"
  "You listen to me, Elijah," Niklaus snarled in an animalistic manner, stepping dangerously close to his brother. "For thousands of years, I've walked around with thousands of years worth of blood on my hands, of countless people, some of which I've even loved! Don't tell me who I'm killing, and who I am not."
  "You're not listening!" Elijah scorned his stubbornness. "(Y/N) needs the cure, your blood, or she will surely die," he begged his brother, tears in his eyes.
  "Good," Klaus sneered mercilessly. "She was making you both soft anyways."

Klaus walked right past Elijah in triumph, refusing to admit to Elijah, or even himself, that the only reason he had refused to give up the cure for death itself to you, was because he wished to be able to administer it himself, to the girl he loved.

***

You woke slowly, the soft, golden light from the late afternoon sun pouring into the spare room you'd been staying in at the Mikaelson house. Neither Elijah nor Kol, or even Klaus or Marcel, were sitting at your bedside anymore. You were left all alone, and you didn't like it. The wound on your stomach was quite literally killing you; you had been bitten by one of the werewolves of the New Orleans bayou during a random skirmish; werewolf bites were lethal to regular vampires like you. You could feel yourself slipping in and out of consciousness; the loss of blood was making you more drowsy than you'd ever been before. There was really no other feeling like it, dying. It wasn't exactly how you'd imagined it to be, years ago, before you even transitioned into a practically immortal vampire. It was much more miserable for you than it was peaceful. You were relieved to hear a quiet knock at the door. You needed human, or almost human, interaction more than anything at the moment. You very carefully turned your head as to not strain your fatal wounds, to see a handsome and well-dressed Elijah Mikaelson standing right next to your bed.
"Elijah," you greeted him with a pained wheeze.
"(Y/N)," he smiled poignantly. "Good morning."
"I can tell that it's afternoon, silly," you told him lightheartedly. "You don't have to treat me like a child, you know. I'm comfortable with dying now..."
"Stop," he murmured, looking rather hurt. "You're not going to die."
"I am, Elijah," you promised him as you rested in your bed. "I know I am. But it's okay..."
  "No, it's not, (Y/N)," he rasped. "You deserve to live out the rest of your life."
  "'The rest of my life'?!" you scoffed. "Lij, I'm three hundred years old! I've lived multiple lives! It's about time!"
  "Don't say that..." Elijah Mikaelson pleaded. "I've lived three times as long, and... (Y/N), there's still so much left for you to see and do in the world."
  "I've done it all," you promised him with your gradually fading breaths. "I've seen it all, I've been everywhere... It's time to let me go."
  "But I don't want to let you go!" Elijah growled frustratedly. "You shouldn't be lying there, on your deathbed! It's all Niklaus' fault, if he would just give us the cure—"
  "Hey, hey, Elijah," you gasped, feeling a pang of both internal and physical pain in your abdomen. "It's alright... I don't need to live anymore," you promised him.
  "But I need you to!" Elijah exclaimed. "I need you..."
  "Elijah, you'll be fine without me," you laughed sadly. "You went hundreds of years before you met me, you can go a few more, okay? You're so strong. I know you are."
  "I can't..." Elijah gasped, choking on his own tears. "I can't do it!"
  "Stop it," you sobbed, hating to see him standing over you this way, tears dripping down onto his suit jacket. "You're going to be alright... I'll always be with you."
  "It's not the same, (Y/N), I don't wanna be without you!" he yelled at you in despair. "The moment I met you, it was was like I could never go back to how I was before! From the moment I met you, I should've known I was in love..."
  "In what?" you whispered. "You're telling me, all this time..."
  "I've always loved you," Elijah nodded fearlessly. "I think even since before we met... I don't know what I believe in, but, I know I was meant to love you!"
  "You're telling me all this time you've felt the same way?" you croaked.