Guy Stuff(Stefan)

Fluff: Girl Reader x Stefan Salvatore

Imagine having a son with Stefan and him asking for his dad.

  "Stefan?" You asked over the phone.
  "Hi, babe. What's up?" Stefan asked.
  "I just picked up Zach from school; I'm pretty sure he had a really bad day, but he said he wants to talk to you," you explained. "Are you busy?"
  "No, not at all," your husband replied. "I can actually come home; it's a slow day today, Ricco can take over for me."
  "Oh, okay, great, thanks. I'll see you in a minute."
  "Bye, sweetie. I love you," Stefan Salvatore reminded you.
  "Love you," you smiled, hanging up the phone and calling your son Zach's teacher. "Hi, Andrea? This is (Y/N) Salvatore, Zach's mom. Do you have a moment?"
  "Of course, hello, (Y/N). What can I do for you?" she asked.
  "Sorry to bother you, but, uh, Zach came home in a bit of a mood today, and I was wondering if maybe there was an incident at school? I'm not upset, I just was hoping maybe I could find out what it is so my husband and I can help?" you hoped.
  "Oh," the teacher realized. "(Y/N), I'm so sorry, I should've called, I'm just so busy...."
  "It's fine," you promised. "What happened?"
  "There was a small incident.... out on the playground, a group of boys were teasing him and calling him names. It ended almost immediately, and he seemed fine, afterwards, though," she explained. "I'm sorry...."
  "Oh, no. What were they calling him, if you don't mind?" You asked fearfully.
  "They were calling him a fag, unfortunately. Rest assured, the boys received referrals for the behavior; I'm so sorry that this had to happen, as a parent, I understand," Andrea Coleman sighed.
  "Oh. It's not your fault, but thank you for telling me. I'll have to wait for my husband to get home to talk to Zach, you have a nice day," you breathed.
  "Have a nice day, Mrs. Salvatore."

You exhaled softly to yourself, feeling sorry that your son had to experience cruel teasing from kids who had no idea what they were saying. He was only in the third grade; it was a bit much for a third grader to truly understand why people say those things, and that they shouldn't mean anything negative, and don't necessarily always even have anything to do with sexuality. You decided to give him some time. About ten minutes later, you knocked on your son's door before opening it.
  "Zach, honey? How you doing?" You asked with a smile.
  "Mom, I wanna talk to Dad, about guy stuff," he exclaimed.
  "Okay. I won't bother you," you promised, sitting beside him on his bed. "We don't have to talk. Do you want anything? I could try to make some brownies, or we could watch a movie."

You were desperate to try and find some way to comfort your son.
  "I'm okay," Zach murmured.
  You nodded, just as you heard the front door close. "That's Daddy. Do you wanna talk to him?" You hoped.
  Zach nodded.
  "I'll let him know," you smiled.

You left his bedroom, and hugged and kissed your husband hello.
  "Hi," you smiled. "Zach's in his room. I called Mrs. Coleman. She said some boys called him a fag on the playground; it didn't last long, though."
  "Oh, God," Stefan sighed. "That kid's heard enough bad things. I'll go talk to him."
  "Thank you," you nodded.

****

Maybe almost an hour later, Stefan emerged from your son's room, smiling with relief.
  "How'd it go?" you asked nervously.
  "I think he's good," Stefan replied, sitting across from you at the table. "You're not upset he asked for me, are you?"

You had poured milk and made warm brownies for the both of you.
  "No, of course not, baby," you shook your head. "It was bound to happen; sometimes we need to talk to someone our own gender, who understands us. I'm just glad he found someone to talk to."
  Stefan nodded with a smile. "He was pretty upset at first. He didn't understand why they chose him to pick on, or why they called him that," He added.
  "What even happened?" You asked.
  "Zach didn't wanna beat up some first grader, a boy, for liking Barbie dolls. You can see how that would happen," he replied. "I had to explain to him why ignorant people say things like that, and that it shouldn't be a bad thing to be gay, and that you shouldn't be treated like that if you are. I told him being a decent person had nothing to do with being gay anyways, but it's perfectly okay if he is. I'm sure he's fine, he seemed happy," your husband explained exhaustedly.
  "God. Kids are just so stupid sometimes," you chuckled mirthlessly. "Kids really have no empathy sometimes."
  "I know," Stefan agreed. "Little boys can be cruel; look at Damon."
  You couldn't help but laugh. "Zach's lucky to have you as a father. And, believe it or not, Damon as an uncle."
  "Yeah, except for that time we asked Damon to take Zach to school, and he took him to Hooters instead," he reminded you.
  "Or when he bought him that switchblade," you remembered, knitting your brows.
  "Or when Damon paid him a hundred bucks to swipe a credit card on that bald guy's neck," Stefan chuckled.
  "Remember when Damon took him fishing and got a hook stuck in his own hair?!" You laughed hysterically.
  "Oh, yeah!" Stefan gasped, eyes wide. "You had to pull it out, and Zach laughed at him!" 
  "What was that time Damon took him to the gym again?" You asked.
  "Oh, God! Damon took him to the gym to look at Hot Maria," Stefan nodded. "We have the best little family. And I'm grateful for you, (Y/N)."
  You smiled. "I'm grateful for you too, Stefan. I love you, so much."
  "'I love you like a fat kid loves cake'," Stefan quoted, picking up a fresh brownie.

You rolled your eyes jokingly.
  "'You know my style, I'll say anything to make you smile'."