Heat of the Moment(Marcel)

Heat of the Moment
Angst/Fluff: Female Werewolf!OC x Marcel Gerard
@lorijanis

Lori and Marcel are in a serious relationship. One day, they get into an argument, and Marcel accidentally snaps.

"Are you serious, Marcel?!" Lori groaned, slamming down her banana nut muffin.

If Lori didn't care about a banana nut muffin, her favorite, then things were definitely serious.
  "My God...."
"Don't give me that condescending bullshit, Lori," her boyfriend, Marcel Gerard, snapped exhaustedly as he poured himself a drink. "I've had a long day as it is. I don't have time for this."

Lori was sitting on the sofa, looking up at him in disbelief. How could he live with himself, once again working with a monster like Niklaus Mikaelson, who had spent the past hundred years or so belittling and disrespecting in every possible way. Did he have a sense of pride? Lori had no idea anymore. It was like her boyfriend of six months had become a completely different person; a stranger. Just a week ago he'd complained to her for hours on end about Klaus Mikaelson's treachery and lack of honor.
  "Have time for what, Marcel?" Lori pushed further. "The truth?"

Lori didn't want to hurt or antagonize her boyfriend at all; that was the last thing she wanted. It was the complete opposite of who
she was; she was always a lover, not a fighter.... Sometimes all Marcel needed was some tough love, but perhaps not to the extent of Klaus Mikaelson. He was quite an extreme.
  "I'm not doing this, Lori," Marcel Gerard grumbled. "We have no reason to argue."
  "You mean respecting yourself, and your principles?" she raised an eyebrow irritably,
rising from her seat on the sofa. "Because if that's what you mean, then yes, I agree."
  "You sound like the rest of the vampires," her boyfriend muttered. "Get off my back, it was a tough call as it is."
  "Damn right! It was a tough call, because it was the wrong one!" Lori cried. "You got a good head on your shoulders, Marcel, you just don't use it sometimes...." she shook her head.
  "Fuck you," Marcel spat. "Who are you now,
my mother?"
  "No," Lori shook her head firmly. "I'm not your mother, I'm not your friend; I'm your girlfriend. I care about you, and I want you to do what's right to you."
  "Lori...." he murmured.
  "Baby," she urged him to listen. "I know this doesn't feel right to your I know you. You don't want this."
  "I told you to drop it!" Marcel shouted angrily. "Why don't you fucking listen to me?!"
  "I don't listen to you?!" Lori screamed. "Really?! By trying to get you to listen to your own gut, I'm not listening to you? Well that's fuckin great, Marcel."
  "Have you been drinking?!" he asked angrily.
  "That's what you're getting from this whole conversation?! Does it even fuckin matter?!" Lori yelled, completely shocked.

She had only had a few glasses of white whine to take away the stress of the current supernatural politics in New Orleans at the moment; it was a weekend anyway. Why did drinking suddenly become immoral? Lori could barely recognize the man before her.
  "Yeah, because you're wasted, and you're so full of shit right now!" Marcel Gerard nodded. "I'm the king of New Orleans, and I won't have my authority constantly questioned, especially not by my own girlfriend!"
  "Fuck you," his girlfriend scoffed, hiding the tears in her eyes. "You told me you I was your queen. Remember? And as your queen, I'm trying to make you a better king, by listening to your instincts! And history, for fuck's sake!"
  "You don't know shit about my history," Marcel growled.
  "I know you," Lori pointed out. "I know Marcel Gerard doesn't take the easy way out. I know he does what he believes to be right, no matter what, and doesn't stop trying to win on his own!"
  "Fuck you! Im leaving, you do what you want," he snapped, slamming his glass of bourbon down on the counter. "I'm done listening to the ramblings of a drunken werewolf."
  "Hey! We might be in a fight right now, but that doesn't give you permission to treat me like shit!" Lori reminded her boyfriend. "Marcel Gerard, you come back here right the fuck now!"