New And Improved(Salvatores)

New And Improved
Angst: Female Reader x Salvatores

For @GwiazdaDrogiMlecznej

Imagine you're Tyler Lockwood's older sister, and you make a dramatic return to Mystic Falls after years of living with relatives in New Orleans, and no one recognizes you from the shy, timid girl who left Mystic Falls when she was only twelve.

  "Hi, can I just have an iced tea to start?" your friend Elena asked the server.
  "Sure," the girl with light brown hair smiled, clearly halfhearted, then turning to you. "What can I get you, gorgeous?"

You couldn't stifle a rude chuckle, realizing that the waitress at The Grill was both ignoring your friend, and trying to flirt with you as well. This wasn't going to fly with you; no one mistreated your friends, ever.
  "A water, please," you replied curtly, making your boundaries clear. "And throw in a lemon wedge, will you?"
  "Of course," your waitress coughed, embarrassed, walking away and heading back to the kitchen.

You watched her carefully, eyes narrowed, studying her every move. You had found after living with your aunt and uncle in New Orleans for almost eight years that there were a lot of upsides to watching your surroundings closely, even if they were all strangers. Being a werewolf sure made that much easier for you.
  "So anyways, what were we saying?" Elena Gilbert shook off the interruption. "What was it like, living in New Orleans? Was it fun?"
  "Oh," you sighed nonchalantly, hiding your smirk. "I spent some time with my family, met some new people..."

No one could know about your little summer fling in New Orleans. No way. A Lockwood werewolf, and a vampire? Never. Impossible. Your little brother would freak out, you knew that much for sure.
  "What's there to do over there? A lot of parties?" Elena asked you, but your eyes were focused on the kitchens.
  "Yeah, it's all the same stuff really; loud music, loud people, good drugs... it gets boring after a while," you admitted, scowling as you saw the server, whose name you'd already since forgotten, watch her friend in the kitchen spit right into Elena's drink, and then do the same.

You of course would not let her get away with it.
  "I can't see how it would," Elena admitted awkwardly. "It's so quiet here."
  "That's what I like about it," you turned back to her, with a nod and a smile.
  "You don't miss New Orleans?" your friend questioned you quizzically. "I thought you liked big cities, and lots of things going on at once."
  "You know, it takes a true social butterfly to prefer the small-town life," you flashed her a devious grin. "It's the stirring it all up that makes life worth living."
  "Easy, now, (Y/N)!" you felt a ginormous man hand on your shoulder.

Of course, there was your younger brother by three years, Tyler Lockwood, coming for his afternoon snack with a bunch of the local high school's popular football players and cheerleaders; Elena's group. You never really liked hanging with the popular crowd; you always preferred being right on the cusp of it all, ready to step in or out at any moment. You were always ready to pounce.
  "Wait! Tyler!" another booming voice chimed in on the fun.

Matt Donovan; Tyler Lockwood's best friend, Elena Gilbert's ex boyfriend, and the boy who always stood idly by while the soon-to-be jocks made fun of you all the way back in elementary school. You never forgot a thing.
  "Why have you never introduced us to your friend here?!" Matt teased your brother, glancing at you for a moment.

He just had to try subtly hitting on you. It seemed he didn't recognize you from afar. Of course he didn't. You'd be surprised what eight years, puberty, hair dye, and a simple butt workout could do to a person.
  "Trust me, you don't wanna know her," Tyler playfully rolled his eyes at you, laying a hand on his friends shoulder. "Sit down, and let's eat, I'm starving!"
  "Hi, Elena!" Caroline Forbes, the notorious bubbly blonde, waved to your friend Elena.
  "Hey, Caroline!" she smiled back. "Hey, Bonnie!"