Make My Heart A Better Place(Katherine)

Fluff: Werewolf!-Reader x Katherine Pierce/Katerina Petrova

Imagine Katherine admitting she was wrong, and then giving up something she wanted to save you from Klaus.

"Princess, can you get the door?" you asked.
"Yeah, coming," Katherine called in response, rushing toward your front door.
"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. (Y/L/N)," Katherine smiled as politely as she could.

  "Oh," you heard your mother say somewhat disappointedly

  "Oh," you heard your mother say somewhat disappointedly. "Hi, Kathy. You and (Y/N) are still dating, I see."
  "Yeah," your girlfriend smiled. "This is our place, we own it together. And, you can just call me Katherine."
  "A pleasure, as always," your father nodded.

Katherine went to hug him, but he blocked the hug and stuck out his hand. Katherine struggled to keep her polite smile and shake his hand. Your mother walked right past her, towards you in the kitchen.
  "Hi, Mom," you smiled, giving her a hug. "Go sit down, dinner's ready. I'll have it out in a second."
  "Okay," Your mom nodded, sitting down uncomfortably.
  "Sweetie, where's your restroom? It was a long drive," your father sighed.
  "Down the hall, only door all the way to the left," Katherine smiled as she sat across from your mother, who tried not to make any sort of facial expression.
  "I honestly don't know why you decided to leave the city, (Y/N)," your mother frowned. "It's much closer to where your dad and I are now."
  "Mom," you sighed as you set the food on the table. "Katherine and I are happy here; we've built a life for us, a future."

Katherine stared at you gratefully.

  "Yeah," she nodded

  "Yeah," she nodded. "We definitely are."
  "I can see that," your mom smiled.
  "Come on, get whatever you want. We'll wait for dad," you suggested, sitting down next to your girlfriend.

Your mother only nodded as you all got yourselves a plate, and your father returned and took a seat beside your mother.
  "Like I said.... that's why we invited you here for dinner," you began.
  "I.... I don't understand," your father murmured.
  "It's so exciting, I'm sorry," you smiled. "Katherine, why don't you say it?"
  "Of course," she nodded nervously. "We're getting married, next August," Katherine announced with a smile.

Both of you had expected that moment to be purely blissful and full of love and support. But it wasn't anything like that. For a split second, it was only cold and tense. For both you and Katherine, it was utterly terrifying. Katherine and you both stared at them, waiting for any reaction other than shock.
  "You're—you're marrying a vampire?" Your mother asked, her voice slow and quiet.
  "Yes, Mom. Yes I am. Katherine's the love of my life, and I'd do anything for her. I wanna spend the rest of my life with her," you said tearfully. "I won't let anything stand in the way of that. I want you to understand, but.... if you don't, no matter what I will always choose Katherine," you decided.
  "Honey," your dad mumbled. "We cant stop you, whoever you wanna marry, or whatever you wanna do. We know that."
  "I figured," you nodded. "So.... what's it gonna be, guys? I know you've never liked Katherine! You've always hated her!"
  "Babe—" Katherine protested.
  "It's fine," you promised. "Just let them speak for themselves. What do you have to say?!"
  "Well.... I can't lie, (Y/N)," your mom admitted. "When we used to imagine who you'd end up with.... they were nothing like Katherine Pierce. Not a five hundred year-old vampire, not some with quite a.... colorful history, romantic and otherwise—"
  "Mom, get to the point," you interrupted exasperatedly.
  "What she means is, we don't agree with your choices at all. We think you're making a huge mistake, but.... we're not prepared to lose you, ever. You're our baby," your father interjected.
  "So what does that mean?" you asked. "Be specific. Do you wanna support us, or not? Because, if you don't.... we don't need that," you decided strongly. "Come on, Katherine. What do you have to say? This is gonna be your family too."
  "(Y/N)...." she began with a smile.

"I agree with you wholeheartedly

"I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'd do anything for you, and that more than includes being civil."
  "So there we have it," you nodded with finality. "That's our say; act like a part of our family, or don't be one."
  "Sweetheart," Your mother said tearfully.
  "Don't ever think we'd abandon you," your father smiled. "We'll always be here to support you. You're your own person; we can't control what you do. We just know that, however this turns out.... we have to be here for you. We have faith in your decisions, (Y/N)."
  "We love you. And.... believe it or not, we accept you, Katherine. Our child trusts and loves you. That means we do too," she said earnestly.
  "You really mean that?" she asked.
  "Yes, of course we do," your father nodded. "We'll be at the wedding, if that was something you wanted to know."
  "I'm happy to hear that," your fiancé nodded. "I'll be honest.... I could never see you again, and that would be perfectly fine. But, (Y/N) loves you, and I couldn't bear to see her suffer," Katherine confessed. "I'm doing this out of love; you have nothing to fear from me."
  "And you don't either from us," your mom nodded. "Say it, honey."
  "You have nothing to fear from us," your dad promised.
  "Good," you smiled. "Then there's nothing left to talk about; I love you."
  "We love you too," your mom smiled.
  Your dad sighed. "Have you at least drawn up a prenup yet?"
  "Dad!" You exclaimed in disbelief.
  "Fine, fine," he sighed.

You looked over at Katherine.
  "I love you, so much. You make my life so much more worth living," she smiled. "I'm thankful for that."
  "Me too," you agreed. "I love you, Katherine. And I never, ever wanna leave your side."