Last Words and Goodbyes(Jeremy)

Angst/Fluff: Vampire!Female Reader x Jeremy Gilbert

Imagine being a Salvatore vampire on your deathbed because of Katherine and a werewolf bite, and having to say your goodbyes.

"This was never meant to happen!" Jeremy roared. "(Y/N) was supposed to be safe!"
"Hey, I did what I could!" Stefan Salvatore boomed. "Don't pin what she did on me."
"Stefan!" Elena yelled in the doorway.
"Leave him alone, brother," Damon Salvatore sighed, putting an arm around his girlfriend. "His ex girlfriend's about to die, for God's sake."
"So it's true," you gasped through your pain. "I'm gonna die."
"(Y/N)," Jeremy breathed, tears staining his worried face.
"Jeremy," Stefan sighed, stepping between them in the doorway.
"No. Let him," Damon nodded sadly, as his brother stepped aside.
"Jeremy?" you asked. "I don't feel so good...."
"I know," he promised you, sitting down on your bed beside you and taking your hand. "Katherine sent a werewolf to attack you."
"I remember," you nodded. "You have to kill me soon.... the venom's gonna make me go rabid...."
"What? No," he croaked. "I can't lose you too!"
"We don't have a choice," you sobbed. "There's no cure...."
"I'm so sorry," Jeremy buried his head in your shoulder, crying his heart out. "We couldn't stop him in time—!"
"It's okay.... Katherine's the only one to blame," you sighed in agony. "I can't believe my brothers and I fell for her all those years ago."
"I love you so much, (Y/N) Salvatore," Jeremy murmured. "And I wish I realized that when I lost you."
"I love you, Jeremy. And we shouldn't have broken up," you agreed. "But now it's time for us all to say goodbye."
"You wanna see your brothers," your ex boyfriend nodded. "It's okay. We'll talk later," he offered, leaving the room.

****

"(Y/N)," Damon smiled as he and your other brother sat opposite you. "How you holding up?"
"Fine," you chuckled. "Minus the whole death thing."
"We're sorry this happened, sister.... it should've been us," Stefan apologized earnestly. "You were always supposed to be safe."
"Don't, Stefan," you mumbled. "Just because I'm the youngest doesn't mean I'm the most innocent.... we all know I had this coming, one way or another. I'm the devil...."
"Don't worry," Damon Salvatore reassured you. "I'll be seeing you in hell, little sister. I love you."
"And I love you too, (Y/N)," Stefan took your hand. "We'll catch up to you soon....
"It just sucks outliving your little sister," your oldest brother admitted, wiping a tear. "But I guess you've lived a long life."
"I have," you nodded.
"I'll send the rest in a couple at a time," Stefan smiled tearfully, leaving the room.
"Damon?" you turned to your brother.
"What is it, sunshine?" he asked kindly.
"You've always been a better version of me, Dame," you confessed. "We were both the evil outcasts.... until you changed. I never did, and.... if anyone's to kill me, I want it to be the better sibling."
"What?" Damon Salvatore whispered.
"I'm asking you to put the stake in my heart, Damon."
"Okay. I'll do it," he decided. "You're my sister. I want you to be comfortable."
"I'll see you in hell, brother," you grinned. "Until then."
He nodded, choking back the tears of a prematurely mourning older brother. "To be continued."

****

"Bonnie. Caroline. Elena," you greeted warmly, as they all gathered around your bed.
"We just wanted to say.... we've never hated you. We really do care," Elena Gilbert apologized sincerely.
"You're a Salvatore, a Damon brand Salvatore at that," Caroline pointed out. "Even if we never always saw eye to eye, we still always appreciated your ferocity as a friend. So.... goodbye."
"You're one of the best of the best. We were lucky to have you," Bonnie complimented.
"Goodbye, (Y/N).... and thank you for making Jeremy so happy before, and continuing to make him a better person," Elena thanked you.
"Thanks, Elena," you nodded.
"Goodbye, (Y/N)," Bonnie Bennett smiled, as all three of them walked out the door.

****

"Hey. Jeremy," you breathed, seeing him come back to your room.
"I love you, (Y/N). I'm sorry I let you go.... we shouldn't have split up like that," Jeremy Gilbert sighed. "Now, we won't get a chance to work things out. I'll never see you again...."
"Hey. It's okay," you promised. "Jeremy.... I'll always love you, but you can't spend the rest of your life in love with me. You have to move on eventually, and find love again," you sobbed.
"Hey. I can't do that, not after this.... I'll never forget you, (Y/N)," Jeremy shook his head.
"Jer.... you have to let me go, eventually," you urged him. "I can't hold you back forever."
"You're not holding me back. You could never," he cried.
"This is why we can't drag this out," you sighed. "Damon?"
Damon Salvatore entered the room, a grave look on his face. "You might not wanna be here for this, little Gilbert."
"Please—" Jeremy began.
"I love you, Jeremy Gilbert," you gasped. "Please just let me go. It's time to say goodbye, even if we don't want to," you wiped your sweat away.
"Goodbye forever, (Y/N)," Jeremy Gilbert sobbed in despair, leaving the room against his better judgement.
"Are you ready?" your brother asked quietly.
"Yeah," you nodded slowly. "I'm ready."
"At least the pain'll be gone," he took your hand, hiding the stake behind his back. "Close your eyes, little sis."