What the Heart Wants(Tyler)

Fluff/Angst: Girl Reader x Tyler Lockwood

Imagine your parents wanting you to date Matt Donovan, and disapproving of the fact that you're dating Tyler Lockwood.

Key: (Y/D/N)=Your Dad's Name

You chuckled, kissing your boyfriend sweetly as he pulled his keys out of the car. Your date was over, and it was already seven; time for your boyfriend, Tyler, to have you home. That wasn't actually because your parents were that strict; it was because they absolutely hated Tyler, and his whole family.
  "Thanks for tonight, babe. I'll text you," you smiled, stepping out of the car, as he did as well. "Ty.... you don't have to bring me in."
  "Yes, I do. I'm your boyfriend, and I do boyfriend things," he argued with determination.

It was both adorable and endearing. He was very difficult for you to argue with.
  "Tyler.... you know what happened last time my dad saw you. Do you really want a repeat of the whole watermelon incident?" You questioned expectantly.
  "Well, no," your boyfriend admitted.

"But I'm willing to put in the work to get your family to accept me so that we can all at least spend time together, because I know how important we all are to you

"But I'm willing to put in the work to get your family to accept me so that we can all at least spend time together, because I know how important we all are to you."
  "And I love you for that," you smiled at him. "But there are some battles you just can't win."
  "I still wanna try, no matter what. That's how much you mean to me," Tyler smiled warmly, wrapping his arms around you.
  "Oh, babe.... I can't. It'd be like sending Lincoln into that theater," you sighed reluctantly.
  "Hey, (Y/N).... I'll be fine. I'm a werewolf, and I've faced way scarier guys than your dad. I got this," he promised you.
  You raised an eyebrow. "Scarier than my dad? Are you sure?"
  "Well.... no, but, come on, let's go in before I lose my confidence," Tyler Lockwood answered in defeat.

You sighed, walking up to your front door and unlocking it. You slowly entered your home, calling out politely as if it were haunted.
  "Mom? Dad? I'm home! I brought Tyler back with me! He wanted to stop in and say hello!" You called.

You and your boyfriend both froze as you saw your parents and your little sister at the dining table, and they weren't alone. Sitting there with them was your good friend and Tyler's best friend, Matt Donovan.
  "Matt.... I didn't know you were having dinner here tonight," you noted awkwardly.
  "I'm sorry," Matt mouthed fearfully.

He knew yours and Tyler's situation, and you had told him about the many times your parents had tried to convince you to date him. They had not yet grasped the concept of teenagers having their own individual ideas of who they wanted to date.
  "We invited Matt over, and he brought lasagna," your mother beamed. "He made it himself! Oh, a young man who can cook! Isn't he a catch?" she chuckled.
  "Uh.... it's Stouffer's.... I didn't know what to bring, I didn't wanna show up empty-handed," Matt admitted, not wanting to show Tyler up.
  "Ha! And a damn good comedian, too!" Your father laughed.
  "Who's that behind you?" your mother asked. "Oh, hello, Tim," she greeted passive aggressively.
  "'Tyler'," you corrected with gritted teeth, for the umpteenth time.
  "Ooh, (Y/N)'s in trouble," your seven year-old sister, Mandy, laughed at you.
  "(Y/N), come join us, there's still food if you're hungry," your dad offered.
  "Sure," you nodded, taking a seat beside your sister.