Life of The Party(Klaus)

Fluff: Vampire!Reader x Niklaus Mikaelson

Imagine if when you felt left out of your own birthday party, you and Klaus talk on the balcony and end up getting drunk and doing karaoke together.

  "Happy birthday dear (Y/N)! Happy birthday to you," the lively crowd of New Orleans vampires, werewolves, witches, and humans sang.

Everyone clapped and jeered excitedly as you nervously blew out the candle on your gigantic birthday.
  "Yay!" Rebekah Mikaelson, your friend and hostess, clapped. "Four hundred years of (Y/N), and many more," she toasted as everyone drank.

She soon put her empty shot glass down, picking up a large knife as she carefully began cutting the cake.
  "First slice goes to you," Rebekah smiled at you. "Happy birthday, dear."
  "Thanks, Bex," you chuckled shyly, accepting the cake.

You then proceeded to eat a piece of your delicious birthday cake, carrying on casual, pleasant conversations with people, faking a few smiles here and there. You were perfectly content with the party the Mikaelsons, mostly Rebekah, had thrown for you, but you were more of an introvert and a homebody than an outgoing extrovert. And so, after about another twenty minutes or so, you slipped out onto the balcony, alone, figuring no one would notice, even at your own party. Then you realized that you weren't alone outside. The most intense of the Originals was already looking out onto the exuberant New Orleans streets.
  "Klaus," you realized as he turned to face you. "Sorry, I didn't think anyone was out here. I'll leave you be."

He seemed to be deep in thought, almost melancholy, and you didn't know him well. You figured your presence wouldn't do any good.
  "(Y/N)," he greeted softly. "I was looking for you, and I didn't see you anywhere. I suppose we both had the same idea after all. Kindred souls we are."

You only smiled, trying your best not to be intimidated by the poetically articulate, handsome, and powerful Klaus Mikaelson

  "Join me," he gestured to a bottle he'd taken just for himself, pouring you a drink.

You nodded, stepping towards him by the ledge.
  "You noticed I wasn't around?" you asked.
   "Of course I did," he replied as if it were a given, furrowing his brows. "Would you not notice if the brightest light in the room suddenly went out?"

 "Would you not notice if the brightest light in the room suddenly went out?"