Bad Days(Damon)

Fluff: Girl Reader x Damon Salvatore

Imagine being desperate to hear Damon's voice and see him after a bad day at work.

You couldn't wait to get home from work; it had been a horrible day, and your husband Damon was waiting for you at home. He had waited up for you since you had worked late; you were a heart surgeon, which was a very stressful job. A young man had just died on your table, and on top of the tragedy alone, you had to fill out a bunch of literally painfully tedious paperwork. You came through the door exhaustedly, finding Damon already in bed waiting for you. He had been rereading Fifty Shades Of Grey.
  "(Y/N)," he frowned sympathetically. "I can't believe that kid died."
  "I know," you sighed, exhaustedly stripping down to your undergarments and climbing into bed beside Damon. "That kid was going places. I talked to the parents; he was almost finished with his senior year of high school; he got a scholarship. He was gonna play college football," you sighed.
  "I can't imagine that," Damon Salvatore murmured.
  "Me neither," you agreed quietly, rubbing your pregnant stomach affectionately.
  "Aw, baby, she'll be fine," Damon promised. "You're her mom."
  You couldn't help a soft chuckle. "You were so sure it was gonna be a girl; and it was."
  "I think the world could do without Salvatore boys for a while," Damon said thoughtfully.
  You smiled, looking up at him lovingly. "I don't know, honey, they're not so bad."
  Damon laughed, kissing the top of your head. "Don't you forget it."
  "I don't plan on it. I really needed to hear your voice today," you whispered as Damon shut the light off and you closed your eyes as he nuzzled into you.
  "Well, here it is. I'll never leave your side; you'll always be able to hear my voice, see my face, and feel how much I love you," your husband promised.
  "You don't know how good it feels to hear that, even after all this time," you sniffled.
  "I know. It couldn't have been easy, not being able to save an eighteen year-old. But it wasn't your fault, (Y/N). He was just too sick," Damon promised you.
  "I know. You can't save everyone," you  nodded in agreement.
  "But I love that you'll try," he smiled into the dark.
  "The only fights worth fighting are the ones you can't win," you breathed. "This one boyfriend I had told me that."  
  Damon smiled knowing that it was him. "He sounds insane. Did you dump him?"
  "No," you sighed. "Maybe I should've. But I married him instead, so, you know."
  "Ah. I see," your husband murmured. "Do you regret marrying him?"
  "No," you shook your head. "That's the one thing I know I'll never regret. Without him, my life would be incredibly dull, and sad."
  "He feels the same way," Damon Salvatore murmured.
  "My worst day spent with you is better than my best day before I met you," you thought aloud.
  "Couldn't agree more," Damon said earnestly. "You'll be okay?"
  "I think so," you said slowly. "I know I have you to rely on. That's something, I guess," you teased.
  "If you say so."
  "How did I ever even know how to survive without you? And why did I have to wait so long to meet you?" you asked yourself. "It almost makes me mad."
  "I don't know, babe," Damon thought. "But I'd say it was more than worth the wait. I'd spend a million years waiting for one day with you, if I had to."

And with that, you were both fast asleep.