Christmas Preference(Jeremy)

Healing
Fluff: (Female/Male) Reader x Jeremy Gilbert

Imagine spending Christmas with Jeremy, in the middle of your trying to move past your addictions.

"This isn't how I imagined spending Christmas with my (girlfriend/boyfriend)," Jeremy, your boyfriend, admitted. "I thought, at least for one day, I could just be with you, and everything wouldn't matter."
"I didn't mean to mess up the holidays for you, Jeremy. I'm really sorry," you apologized.
"It's not exactly your fault. We all go through things like this. I know I did in high school," Jeremy Gilbert nodded acceptingly as he held you in his arms as you both lay on your couch in your warm house on Christmas Day.

In the past hour or so, Jeremy had made a habit of stroking your arm gently, as if making sure you were comfortable and happy.
"I love you, Jeremy. Always have. I never meant to hurt you, and it really kills me that it came to it, and that I never really tried to face my problem," you murmured, just as Jeremy shushed you.
"Shh. I know. All of that's over, okay? I'm fine; we just have to help you. And I know you and I will both heal in no time, because we've got each other. Don't you torture yourself with this; I know what you've been thinking lately, and I understand your mistakes. Issues with drinking and smoking aren't things I can't deal with. I accept you, (Y/N), flaws and all," Jeremy promised.

  "I love you," you nodded understandingly

"I love you too. Now, let's just forget about all this for now, because there's no alcohol or anything around. You can relax yourself. Let's have a peaceful day together," he suggested. "I love you."
"Yeah. I love you," you agreed, closing your eyes for clarity and relief.

Jeremy did as well, and within moments, you both were asleep together.

****

"Hi, beautiful," Jeremy smiled as you woke up, handing you a small gift box.

  "Is this

"Is this.... my Christmas present?" you asked in slight surprise.
"What else would it be, weirdo?" He smirked. "Open it first; I already found mine, so I'll go right after."
"Wow. Fine," you laughed, untying the red ribbon from above the little white box.

Inside was a small, beautiful gold cross, just like the one you had lost a couple of months ago. The tiny not inside read,'To help get the one I love through tough times.'
"Wow. You remembered," you smiled, tears beginning to form.

  "Yeah, of course I did

"Yeah, of course I did. You cried for two weeks when you lost yours," he reasoned. "I know your faith means a lot to you, and I know it's gotten you through a lot in the past, and I know it will now. I love you, so much, (Y/N)," Jeremy smiled as you hugged you.

One of your tears slowly absorbed into his shirt.
"I love you, Jeremy Gilbert. You're amazing, and I know you'll always love me and support me," you whispered.
"I definitely will," Jeremy agreed. "You have all my love, faith, and trust."