Chapter 2

Shailene POV:

I drop off Zoe at a Café where she's meeting her sister.

"Thanks for the help girl, you went through a lot." I say. Zoe smiles at me and hugs me.

"No problem, I know how much this wedding means to you and I would never let you down. Even if I have to carry ten tons of jewellery and dresses and shoes and perfumes and-"

"I get it." I say my hand on her face. We laugh. She walks out of the car and into the café. I sigh and turn my car on.

While driving, I turn on the radio. Then I hear a song that lights up my ears, the song that Theo and I had our first dance to at a New Years party.

I remember that night like it was yesterday. A tear of joy slides down my face. I slowly sing along to it. I call Theo.

"Hello?" He answers. I stay silent and press my phone against the radio. There's silence on the phone. I silently cry happily. I wipe tears every now and then. When the song is done, I end the call park the car right under the Eiffel Tower.

Theo stand right in front of my car with a smile on his face. I turn off my car and run out of it. I jump into his arms and he spins me around. He puts me down and looks at me. We kiss. It's long, and passionate.

I pull back. I smile at him. He hugs me tightly.

"I feel like this is the moment we had our first kiss." He says. I giggle.

"Yeah, except we're twenty two and not eighteen." He laughs. We hug on the spot for a couple of minutes silently.

I let go of him. "How about dinner?" I ask.

"Follow me." He says holding my hand.

"Theo, remember when we went skydiving? We're you scared?"

"Of course not." He says.

"Stop lying, Theo. You were screaming and crying."

"I was screaming and crying of joy, duh." I look at him. I can force out a secret from him this way. "Okay, maybe I was scared. But think about it! You're nine thousand feet up in the sky, and you jump out of a moving plane, and expect a complete stranger to open your para shoot so that you can land safely. That's something to scream for."

"Well, you've got a point." I say. He nods.

"But that time we went scuba diving, we're you scared?" He asks.

"Of course! There are sharks everywhere. Good thing we didn't run into a great white." I say. "That was the worst part of Cuba."

"See, I'm not the only one who's scared of something."

"I never said I wasn't." I say. "Ill name the stuff I was scared of, then you name the stuff you were scared of."

"Okay, tell me."

"Rock climbing, scuba diving, zip lining, sky diving, and storm chasing."

"That's the exact same thing for me. Why did we even do that stuff if we were scared of it?"

"I don't know, probably because we thought it was fun."

"Wow. We were shallow. "

Theo laughs. "How about the time when we went to that animal farm, that was fun."

"The animals were so cute there! I remember the goat that bit you in the butt." I laugh.

"Surprisingly, it hurt a lot. That goat has strong teeth."

I laugh very hard. "The chickens didn't like you either. They attacked you."

he rolls his eyes. "Those animals are really aggressive." We laugh together.