Chapter 44

Theo POV:
I come home with a big surprise. A puppy. It's a golden retriever, and he was born a week ago. So he's super cute. I haven't bothered to name him yet, since I want to do that with my family.

When I come home, I hear Shailene playing with the kids in the backyard. Sadie, Julie, Hannah, and Shailene are playing soccer. Nathan is probably out with Jenny.

I go to the backyard. When the kids see me, they smile and run to hug me.

"Hi dad!" They say. They hug me. I give each one of them a kiss.

"Hey girls." I say.

"Come on Sades, let's go play!" Hannah says, taking Sadie's hand.

"I want Julie to come, too!" Sadie says. She takes Julie's hand, so her right hand is holding Hannah's hand and her left hand is holding Julie's hand.

They run to the ball and start playing. Shailene kisses me. I kiss back.

"Hey babe." She says when she pulls back.

"Hey. I have a surprise."

She raises her eyebrows. "Please don't make it a cardboard robot like it was last time." She says. I laugh and shake my head.

"No, it's something much better." I take the puppy outside, and everyone's jaws drop.

"EEEEEEEEEK! ITS A PUPPY!" Hannah and Julie yell. They run to the puppy, and they instantly fall in love with it.

Sadie shrieks and goes to the puppy. "Theo! This is the best present ever!" Shailene says, she starts petting the dog.

"What's his name?" Hannah asks.

"He doesn't have one yet. I decided that we need to choose together." I say.

"How about Marley?" Julie says.

"How about Leo?"

"I WANT HIS NAME TO BE DAISEY."

"Alright, let's compromise. How about, Sammy?" Shailene says.

They nod. "I like that name." Hey say in unison. For the rest of the day, they play with Sammy.

When Nathan comes home, he's amazed with the puppy.

----

Yeah, sorry. Short update. I'll be updating soon!