Chapter 35

Hannah POV:
Marcy, Alexa, and I walk in the hallway at school, getting to our lockers. "I cannot believe that Mr. Parnell didn't chose me to represent our school at the math competition. I mean, I'm way better than Amanda Robertson." Marcy says.

Alexa rolls her eyes. "You don't have to repeat that, we all know Amanda beat your butt so you need to keep your lips sealed." She says.

I nudge her. "Don't be rude." I whisper to her.

She gives me an innocent look. "I didn't mean to." Alexa says. We all laugh. Then, we see a whole group of people at the school announcement board all with pens. They shove and push each other.

"What's all this about?" I tell over the noise.

"I don't know." Alexa says. The three of us all stand on our tip toes, trying to see. We give up.

"I'm going in." I say. Marcy and Alexa look at my like I'm insane.

"No way. You are not diving into a pool of monstrous kids." Alexa says.

"Oh, I am girls. Trust me." I say.

"God luck, then." Marcy says. I nod and dive inside. I push past everybody, and I get shoved at times.

Then the bell rings, and that means it's time for lunch. Everyone leaves and the crowd gets smaller and smaller.

I'm on the ground since I got pushed from the crowd. Alexa and Marcy help me up. "Are you okay?" Marcy says. I nod.

We go up to the page everyone was looking at. It says:

Westchester Middle School FIRST EVER TALENT SHOW
Date; January 20th
Time; 11:20 AM
Print your name, last name, and your talent to enter:

Lucy Wayne, Gymnastics
Jamie Keller, Hip-Hop dance
Julia Smith, Piano
Nash Grier, Violin
Avery Montengale, Piano
Luke Chase, Karate Moves
Piper Hayes, Read-aloud poem
Allison Iliad and Chase Youth, baton twirling

I decide to write my name:
Hannah James, Singing

I smile at that. Dylan walks up. He smiles at me. "Hey Hannah." He says.

"Oh, hey Dylan." I say. My friends grin at me and slowly walk away. They mouth, See you in class.

He's so hot. I think to myself.

"Thanks Hannah." He says.

"Did I just say that out loud?"

He laughs and nods. "Don't worry, it happens to all of us." He says.
"You're going to sing?" He asks.

Anger gurgles inside me. "Yes, why?" I snap.

"Oh, because I wanted to do a duet with you."

He did it again, he melted my insides and made my stomach flip. "Of course." I say. I erase my name and write:

Hannah James and Dylan Blue, Singing Duet

Hannah Blue. I really hope that is my name in the future. Thank god, I didn't actually say that one aloud.

"Alright, well, I think I should head to class." He says.

I nod. "Yeah."

"You're pretty cool Hannah."

"Thanks." I say, blushing like no tomorrow.

"You're also pretty."

My eyes widen. "I mean, pretty awesome. Sorry, I can't speak today." He says. My heart shatters.

"Thanks. Right back at you."

Amanda walks up with her posse. "Oh, Dylan! Nice to see you here!" She says. She's the meanest girl in school. Everyone knows that, except for Dylan.

"Who's this?" She asks, giving me a death glare.

"Oh, just this girl."

Just this girl.

"Well, I need to go. I'll see you around Dylan. Bye Amanda." I say. Dylan smiles at me. I turn around and go to the bathroom.

I let the sobs explode from my body.

I turn around with tears in my eyes.