Chapter 5

Shailene POV:

Our plane has been flying for eight hours now. We're starting to land now. Theo has been sleeping the whole time. I've been trying to sleep, but there's babies all around me so I couldn't fall asleep.

I think about what it's going to be like when we get home to our new house and finally unpack. And I think about if we will ever get a child. But I begin to think that I'm getting way to ahead of myself. We just got married and I'm thinking about children.

When we finally land, Theo wakes up.

"Was that seriously eight hours?" He says with his eyes half closed.

"Yup, and you need to get up now sleepyhead." I slap his head.

"Ow!" He says. I laugh.

We get our stuff and leave the plane. The car Ansel wanted to give us was parked in the airport parking lot. The sight of the car lightens up my day. It looks beautiful.

Theo loads our stuff in the trunk. He gets back in and we begin to drive.

"This is going to be the best day of your life I tell you," Theo says. I smile.

"I can't believe this is happening." I say.

"I know." He says. I kiss him.

"Thank you for this, for everything. But mostly, for you." I say. He tries to kiss me again. But I push him away. "Save it for the new house."

"That'll be hard."

"You can take it."

"I bet you can't either."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"Watch me."

"Okay."

I look out the window and laugh.

--------

When we park into our new driveway, I am amazed. We live in a neighbourhood on the beach. I see kids playing, parents enjoying, and big BIG houses.

We get our bags from our car and get into our new house.

The air conditioning works perfectly, the smell is fresh, and there's no disturbances. The whole house is beautifully furnished and the backyard is a beach.

"This place is beautiful, I love it!" I say. I hug Theo as tight as I can. He winces. I let go of him. "Sorry, I got excited."

"Don't worry about it." He says. We start looking around together. We looked at the main floor, the basement, and now the last room of upstairs.

"This is the best room I'm going to show you." Theo says.

"After the master bedroom?" I asked. "What could be better than that?"

He opens the door.

"This!" He says. The room is empty.

"What?" I say.

"It's a room that we can decorate ourselves! We can get creative with it." He says.

"You are the smartest, most wonderful, most caring, most kind husband on this earth!" I say. "Let's go buy some paint and get started!"

"Get in the car, we're going now!" He says. We run down the stairs and out the door. We lock the door to the house and get in the car and drive to the store.

When we get there, we start looking.

"Should we get this navy blue, or forest green?" I ask.

"I think we should get icy blue." He says.

"And that can go with white,"

"Perfect combo."

"Should we make a white background and blue snowflakes or blue background and white snowflakes?" I ask.

"White background and blue snowflakes."

"Anything to go with that? I don't want it to be just snowflakes. What goes with winter that would fit this snowstorm?" I ask.

"How about an ice princess." He replies.

"Perfect! And she'll be making snow!"

We pick out some colours for the ice princess and buy them. We drive back to our house and leave the paint right beside the door of the room. I look at the time.

"It's late. I think we should go to bed." I say.

"We've had a long day. Let's get ready for bed and try and get as much sleep as we can." Theo says. I kiss him lightly.

"Dibs on the bathroom!" I say, he groans.

"Fine." He says. I laugh.

"You'll get the bathroom tomorrow, I promise."

I kiss him again and get my pyjamas and head to the bathroom. I take a shower and brush my teeth. I let Theo in after me.

He gets back into our room and we lay down together. I kiss him one more time before I go to bed.

"Good night honey, I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He says. He kisses me. This time, it's more passionate. I pull back.

"Let's get some sleep." I say while closing my eyes.

"You don't need to tell me twice." He says.

I laugh and close my eyes.