Chapter 24

~~SEVEN MONTHS LATER~~

Shailene POV:

I'm seven months pregnant with a baby girl. We've decided to name her Julie. That was my step moms name, until she died.

Nathan got an A+ on a project about his family a couple of months ago. Mrs. Nourberry said that it was a very heartwarming project. Since we were very proud of Nathan, we bought a family iPad.

Theo makes a sandcastle with the kids outside. I look at him through the back doors windows while I lightly rub my stomach. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back.

----------

I was taking a nap when I heard the back door open. The kids run upstairs to do whatever they do. Theo sits next to me.

"How you feeling?" He asks.

"Like a fat mushroom." I reply. He laughs at that comment.

"The kids had a lot of fun with your mom last week."

"Theo that was months ago."

"Not the day you got pregnant. The day she took them to the movie theatre. They watched Oz."

"Oh that time. Sorry, pregnancy has got me forgetful. It impossible to do anything."

--------

I make dinner and Theo is talking to someone on the phone for work. "Give it back stupid!" I hear Hannah yell from upstairs.

"I got it first!" I hear Nathan yell.

"But it's mine!"

"No it's mine!"

The yelling continues. Theo and I exchange worried looks. We run upstairs and into Nathan's room. In the middle of the room, I see Hannah and Nathan tugging on the iPad. Hannah screams. We run over to them and break them apart.

"What is going on here?" I yell holding Hannah back.

"And we want a detailed explanation." Theo says holding Nathan back.

"I was playing FIFA 14 when she just came and took the iPad from me!" Nathan yells trying to struggle free from Theo.

"Liar! I was watching my little pony on youtube and you just stole it form me to play that poopy soccer game!" Hannah yells trying to break free.

"FIFA 14 is not stupid!" Nathan yells.

"Is too!" Hannah yells.

"Kids stop right now!" Theo yells. They stop struggling and calm down. "You have a sister on the way and we don't want to bring a baby in a freighting arena! And it's not easy for your mother to do this. Understood?"

"Yes." They says in unison.

"So who gets the iPad?" Hannah asks.

"None of you." I say. I take the iPad. "No tv or iPad for a week. Both of you! Hannah, go to your room! Nathan, you stay here!"

"That's a lesson not to fight with your sibling like that!" Theo says. We walk out. I hide the iPad under our bed and close the door of our bedroom. I lay/sit on the bed and turn on the tv.

Theo walks in and closes the door behind him. He sits next to me and wraps his arm around me, I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Is it going to be like that everyday?" I ask.

"Yup. We better get use to it." He replies. I sigh. I feel the baby kick. I giggle and touch my stomach.

"What?" Theo asks. I take his hand and put it on my stomach. He stares at the ground for a second, then smiles.

----------