Chapter 27

Nathan POV:

I'm going to go meet Jenny at Troy's driveway because his house is in the middle of both of our houses.

When I see her, I run over to her and hug her. "You ready to go?" I ask. She nods. We walk to the movies because it's a five minute walk.

When we get there, I go to buy popcorn first. Jenny goes to buy our tickets.

-----------

Jenny POV:

Nathan offered to buy the popcorn (and maybe some drinks). So I offered to buy us the tickets.

We're going to watch 'The Hundred Foot Journey'. I hear it's a very good movie. While I'm waiting in line, someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and see someone I never wanted to see ever again. I gasp.

"Leo?" I mumble. He smiles and hugs me.

"There's my girl!" He picks me up and spins me around. He puts me down.

"W-What a-a-are y-you doi-doi-ng here?" I ask him with some tears rounding up in my eyes.

"I moved back from Oakland. We can date again!" He says. Leo was my secret boyfriend I told no one about. He was terrible. I never really liked him, I've always liked Nathan.

"I'm sorry Leo. We can't. I don't feel that way about you any more."

"What? Are you dating someone else?" He asks getting a little bit furious.

"No." I snap. "Leave or else I'm calling the cops." Tears start streaming down my face. He stiffens.

"Too bad. You're mine and you always will be." He crashes his lips onto mine.

"Hey Jenny did you get-" Nathan says. He's just freezes. His expression shows sadness. His expression changes to mad. He throws the popcorn to the ground and rips the necklace off of my neck. I pull back from Leo.

"I can't believe you!" He yells crying. "I actually thought I liked you. But no, I don't. I hate you and I always will. Don't talk to me ever again."

"Nathan wait!" The tears keep coming down my face. He runs and I follow him. "Nathan stop!"

I grab his arm. He turns around. "I told you! I don't like you! I like someone else. Okay?" He says. Then I see a girl come up to him.

"Hey. You ready for our date?" She asks him. My heart breaks into a million pieces. His expression softens.

"No Jenny. This isn't what you think. I was lying. I-" he says. I cut him off by speeding out of the building crying.

Nathan finally catches up to me and grabs my wrist. I turn around. "Listen. That was Vanessa. She's always had a thing for me. I was lying. There's nobody else. I promise." He says.

"I don't care." I say. I try to run away but he still holds onto my wrist. "Let me go!" I try to break my wrist free.

He let's go and I speed off.

---------

Nathan POV:

Jenny speeds off. I sit on the stairs regretting myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself.