Chapter 7

Theo POV:

Shailene's mom invited us for dinner tonight. I decide to dress up nicely and so does Shailene. The only part we're worried about is telling them about the baby.

I put on a tux and Shailene puts on a red dress. It's hard to dress in a fancy way, since we aren't that type of fancy family. I knock on the bathroom door.

"Shailene! Are you ready yet?" I ask.

"Just let me put on some perfume and I'll be ready." She replies. I open the door. I stand behind her and put my hands on her hips. I kiss her neck. She giggles a little bit. She kisses my lips. We stay like that for a long time.

I pull back. "Let's go now," I say. She nods. We leave the bathroom and she grabs her purse. We leave the house and start driving.

"Theo, I don't think we should tell my family about the baby right now. We just got married. It's all this good news all at once. It's so hard to take." She says.

"Well it's better to happen quickly than to never happen at all." I say.

"I guess you do have a point."

We continue to drive. When we get to the restaurant, Shailene and I walk in with linked hands. She squeezes my hand very tightly. When we find the table her family is in, we sit down with them.

"Oh my baby is here!" Her mom says. Jess, McKenna, Ashley, and Brittany smile at us. Those are Shailene's four sisters.

Her mom hugs her. "Mom, not too tight."

"Why not?" She asks. Shailene and I exchange looks.

"Because we're having a baby." I blurt out. The whole family jumps in happiness. Shailene looks at me.

'Thank you,' she mouths. I wink at her.

"My little baby is having a baby! This is so amazing!" Her mom says.

----------

~~EIGHT MONTHS LATER~~

Shailene POV:

My stomach is huge and I've been throwing up, peeing every five minutes, have not slept, and have been eating organic food all day everyday.

The baby is coming in two weeks, Theo and I still need to paint the babies room, and furnish it, and buy diapers, and talk to our doctor about health medications. We have a lot of work and it needs to be done fast.

Theo's job interview is in a week and he still needs to prepare for that. So we decide to start painting.

Theo painted the white background already. I'm painting the ice princess and he's painting the snowflakes.

"Are you excited for the baby to come?" He asks me while painting.

"I'm not excited about how it came. But yes, I am excited for the baby to come." I say. He laughs.

"It's just a baby. No need to worry."

"Sure, that's what you think." We continue to paint silently. Then he purposely flaps a bit of paint on me. I look at him with my mouth open.

"You didn't-" I say. He smiles at me. I throw paint back at him. It turns into a war. Paint splatters are all around the room. I stop.

"Theo, look at how pretty the room looks. Forget the winter storm design, this is splatters." I say.

"Wow, we did a great job without even noticing it." He says.

"We should go get cleaned off while the paint dries. Then we can get some other stuff ready for the baby." I say. I go take a shower. Then Theo does, then we both get dressed.

I lay down and rest for a little bit. Before I know it, I'm asleep.

----------

Theo POV:

Shailene just fell asleep, I decide to go to the store and get a crib, a changing table, diapers, toys, and other baby stuff. I start writing her a note:

Dear Shailene,

Since you fell asleep, I've decided to go buy some stuff for the baby. If you're reading this and I'm not home, I just wanted to let you know that I'm at the store. Just relax, the only thing I need you to do is buy medication.

I love you,

Theo