Chapter 28

Shailene POV:

"Julie!" I say. Julie is eight and she's still messy when she eats. Theo is working late and Nathan is at the movies with his friends. Hannah and Julie sit on the counter top eating mash potatoes, salad, and onion rings.

I see Hannah writing something in her journal while she eats. I peek my head over slightly to see it. Song lyrics.

"What's that?" I ask. She snatches it away.

"Sorry mom." She says putting it back on the table nicely. "Please don't look at it. It's embarrassing."

"It's not that that's embarrassing, it's you." Julie says gulping down some apple juice.

"Julie Evelyn James!" I say. She rolls her eyes and continues to eat. Hannah picks up her plate and her notebook with her pencil.

"Can I go finish to this upstairs?" She asks. I nod. She runs upstairs with her food.

--------

Hannah POV:

That was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. I'm only in grade six and Julie is in grade three. She can't be teasing me. I should be the one teasing her.

I sit down on at my desk and grab my guitar. I strum and sing to the lyrics that I wrote:

I've been living with a shadow over head,

I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,

I've been lonely for so long,

Trapped in the past,

I just can't seem to move on,

All I want to do is find a way back into love,

I can't make it through without a way back into lo-o-ove,

And if I open my heart again,

I'm hoping to see you there for me in the end,

The end,

Oh oh oh.

When I'm done, I hear a bit of sobs outside of my door. I put my guitar down and open the door. It's my mom.

"That was beautiful!" She says. "Did you write that?"

---------

Super shot. Sorry. I'm very busy this week. I'll make a way bigger update when I get back.:)