Chapter 39

~~TWO YEARS LATER~~

Shailene POV:
Nathan has gotten over Jenny and poor Jackie, and Hannah was amazing with Dylan at her talent show. They sang 'Love is and open door' from frozen, and Julie ABSOLUTELY ADORED it.

Our daughter was born, Sadie, and she is adorable. There's just something that Theo and I were planning because it would take a whole new level for our future.

We need to move.

I mean, Florida is an amazing place to live. But living in the same house for seventeen years or so, doesn't really fit us anymore.

Theo is going to work as a buildings designer in Chicago. We found a bunch of neighbourhoods with some big houses and big yards, and a bunch of schools.

Here comes the hardest part of all, telling the kids.

-----
Theo POV:
We told the kids, and they're not too happy with it. They don't mind, but they'll miss a lot of stuff that they're leaving behind here.

We're leaving in a month or so, so we have to start packing now. The kids are outside hanging out with friends. Well, Nathan, Hannah, and Julie are. Sadie is staying inside with us and helping us pack.

We start with Sadie's room. She'll be sleeping in our bed for the next month. Shailene and I go into her room and start packing.

Sadie comes in and joins us. "Sades, can you please bring daddy that box?" I ask. She grabs the box and scurries over to me. I kiss her forehead. "Thank baby girl."

"You're welcome daddy." She says, smiling.

"Sadie, sweetheart, come help mommy pack up all your toys and dollies." Shai says. Sadie scurries over to her. She scurries A LOT.

She jumps into Shailene's arms, and they laugh.

------

Shailene POV:
"Do you want to keep out your Barbie camper so your dolls can camp with us?" I ask.

"No mommy, I want to pack them up to they can sleep until we get Chickengo." She says. Theo and I laugh.

"Sadie, I think you mean Chicago." Theo says. She shrugs.

"Potato, potato."

"Actually, it's potato pototo."

"Tomato, tomato."

"Tomato, tomoto."

"I like my way better."

"Alright, say it your way then."

She smiles. "Good."

"Sweetie we need to get your stuff packed up as fast as we can to get this all over with. So, can you put all of your Barbies in," I point to the other side of the room. "That box."

She nods. She grabs all of her stuff and waddles over to the box. She takes the box and puts it on the floor right beside her huge stack of barbies. She starts throwing them in.

"Mama, where should I put the clothes?" She asks.

"Put the clothes in with them."

When Sadie is done, Theo helps her put the box right outside of her room. By now, we've packed up her bed, her toys, and a little bit of clothes but not anything else.

"We're doing pretty good." Theo says, then he kisses me. I pull back.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He pecks me on the lips. "Okay, so, Sadie and I will pack up the rest of her room."

"I'll go make us some snacks." I say.

"Alright."

I kiss Sadie on the forehead. She hugs my legs. "I'll be back soon, Sades. I promise."

"Come back in five seconds."

"More like ten minutes."

"Ten, what?"

I laugh. "Nevermind."

I go downstairs and make us some chocolate chip cookies. They're warm and soft. "COOKIES!" I yell. Theo comes running down the stairs with Sadie in his arms. They sit down at the table and start eating.

I go to call the kids inside, and catch Hannah kissing Dylan.

------

Hannah POV:
"I just can't believe you're moving." Dylan says. We're sitting on my front porch.

"I know, it's pretty crazy."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I say. I look at him, and he looks at me. I kiss him, since I will only see him for one more month. The front door opens. We pull apart.

"Kids-" Mom says. She caught us. She grins. "Do you guys need some alone time for this romantic moment?"

"MOM!" I say, frustrated.

"Uh...no actually. I was just leaving." Dylan says. "Bye Hannah."

"Bye." I say. I look at mom. "Did you have to do that?"

"Hey, I'm a mom. It's my job. And I know you'll miss him. It's okay. Go tell Julie and Nathan cookies are out."

She closes the door. "Guys! Cookies!"

They come running towards me and we burst inside. We sit down at the table. I sink my teeth into a warm, soft, cookie and feel the melt edge chocolate spread across my mouth.

------

Dear Readers,

Hopefully you guys like where the story is going!

I have a lot in mind for what's going to happen next, and I promise, it will be happy and not scary.

Sorry I did the hole Jacquelyn thing, I just was too upset to pass on Jathan like that.

And I bet you guys are still mad at me for moving Jenny away.

Anyways, that's all for today since I updated like three times in a row. I might put one more chapter up since I really want to continue the story.

Keep smiling,

Taralovesstories ❤️