Chapter 46

Nathan POV:
I go downstairs and open the door. It's Jenny. She looks beautiful in the blue dress she's wearing. But I'm still shocked that she sowed up. I open my mouth, but no words come out.

"Look, I know you're mad at me. But just listen to what I have to say." She says. I fold my arms together. "I loved the idea of going to the dance, and I wanted to. But I can't dance. I know you don't want to be humiliated, so I pretended that I thought it was lame. But now, I'm going to make it up to you and go."

I stand there silently for a minute. She frowns. "Okay, I'll see you later Nathan." She's about to turn around, but I stop her.

"I understand. I can't dance either."

----

We walk through the doors of the dance hand in hand. We see a whole bunch of couples dancing and talking and laughing. It's so loud in here.

"Do you want to dance?" I yell over all the sound.

"Okay." Jenny yells as loud as I did. She push past all the people, keeping our hands knotted together.

When we get to he dance floor, we stop. Jenny closes her eyes, then nods. "We can do this." She says.

Slow music turns on. It's time for a slow dance. When she looks up at me, she smiles shyly and blushes.

"Jenny, may I have this dance?" I say in my normal voice since it's getting quieter.

She nods. "Yes." She says.

When we get into our dancing position, I say, "Now, let's go be weirdos together." I say. She laughs.

--------

I drop Jenny off at her house when I'm done. She kisses me and pulls back.

"I had fun Nathan, thank you." She says.

"I also had fun." I say back.

"I love you, I'll see you at school tomorrow." She gets out of the car and goes into her house.

"I love you too." I say.