Chapter 30

(Btw, Nathan and Jenny are WAY younger than the picture shows they are.mthe picture shows tenth graders. Just imagine them like that but younger and it'll all work out.)

Jenny POV:

I run to the park and cry. My lungs feel like they're being shalshed by a knife by all of the sobbing. My eyes burn from rubbing them, but I still cry. Harder and harder.

I try to hold in my sobs and I do. I take my phone out and look at some pictures. Kendra, Troy, Nathan and I at the amusement park.

I regret running away like this when he tried to apologize. But I sort of don't at the same time, since he said terrible things to me.

I reach for the necklace around my neck that Nathan got me for one Christmas. I realize it isn't there anymore, since he ripped it off.

That was what I would always fiddle around with when I was upset. But now I can't, O don't have it anymore and I don't have him anymore.

I won't have anything any more.

-----------

Nathan POV:

I run into my room and fall onto the bed. My parents don't understand that I've had a terrible day and don't want to talk about it.

I stare at the ceiling, still laying on my bed. A flashback pops into my head.

<<FLASHBACK TO WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE>>

We're at the park.

Why would you want to marry me anyway?-Jenny

So I could kiss you anytime I want-Nathan

We laugh.

That joke never gets old-Jenny

It never has and never will be-Nathan

<<BACK TO REALITY>>

A tear drops down my eye. That's strange because I don't cry a lot. I pick up my phone and listen to the voicemails Jenny left me a couple of months ago.

Hey Natalie! Yes, your new name is Natalie. I just wanted to make sure that we can get married so you can kiss me anytime you want. (She laughs). Anyways, I'm sorry to intrude but I just got us tickets to Disney. Adios Amigos!

Another tears drops down my eye. I can't do this anymore. I call Jenny. She answers.

"Nathan? Look, I don't want to talk to you right now." She says sobbing. I feel terrible.

"Jenny, where are you?" I ask.

"Why?"

"Just tell me."

"I don't think you want to marry me anymore. It'll bring back some memories." She says. I gasp. The park. I hang up.

I storm out the door. "Nathan what-" my mom says. I cut her off by slamming the door and running down the street.

I reach the park, and see Jenny behind the monkey bars rubbing her eyes from tears. I run over to her.

---------

Jenny POV:

A person sits down next to me. I look over and see Nathan. "Nathan I'm-" I say. He interrupts me by putting his lip against mine.

I'm shocked for two seconds, then I kiss back. Sparks warm up my body. Our lips move in synch, making even more sparks.

Our noses touch and he leans in a bit closer to me I sit in his lap and he cups my face with his hands.

We continue to kiss, not breaking it at any moment; never wanting it to end. I feel like nothing else happened before, and that it's all alright now. But it isn't.

I want it to be, but it isn't. I pull back. Our foreheads are touching. "Aren't you mad at me?" I ask. Our foreheads are still touching.

"How could I stay mad at you?"

"You could."

"Why would I?"

"Because."

"No matter what, I wouldn't. You're too beautiful so I can't resist staying mad at you."

I giggle. I guess everything's okay, and I'm glad it is. "Now where we're we?" I ask. "Ah."

I kiss him again. We continue what I interrupted. I feel something tingle across my neck; cold metal. I pull back for a second and realize it the necklace he gave me.

I smile at him.