Chapter 42

Shailene POV:
"ARE WE THERE YET?!" Sadie yells. We pull into our new driveway. The house is HUGE. It's even bigger than the one in Florida. The kids gasp.

We hop out of the car and take all of our suitcases out. We take a tour of the house, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

-------

~~ONE MONTH LATER~~
I wake up in Theo's arms. I kiss him on the cheek and slip out of his arms, and go downstairs. I like doing this every morning since I'm absolutely in LOVE with the kitchen design.

Today is Sadie's play at her pre-school. Theo and I are going, since he could get some time off. She's going to play Belinda, from the wizard of oz. the performance will be about half and hour long. I'm excited for it.

I start to make some fruit salad. Two arms wrap around my waist and I feel a soft prickle on my neck, a kiss.

"Good morning Theo," I say.

"Good morning." Theo says. He takes a piece of apple and plops it in his mouth.

"Can you go wake up the kids? They'll be late for school and I bet they're alarm clocks aren't working."

He stands right beside me and starts making some coffee. "They're awake, they just don't want to get up."

Nathan comes downstairs ready for school. "Good morning." He says, looking at his phone. He sits down on one stool at the island.

"Good morning." Theo and I say in unison.

I hear Sadie calling me from upstairs. "Theo, can you continue this? I need to get Sadie ready for pre-school."

"Sure thing, babe."

I go upstairs and go into her room. She's sitting on her bed. I smile and pick her up. I kiss her on the cheek. "Good morning, Sades."

"Morning mummy."

"Alright, let's get you ready." I say. I pick out some pink socks, jeans, and a pink long-sleeve shirt. I get her dressed, then on with her hair. I brush her hair lightly and put in some piggy tails.

"Okay, let's go downstairs and have some breakfast then we'll brush our teeth."

She reaches out, expecting me to pick her up, and as always, I pick her up and we go downstairs. Hannah and Julie are sitting on the stools at the island right beside Nathan.

I sit Sadie down in her baby seat. Theo hands me the finished fruit salad, and I give it to the kids. He goes upstairs to get ready for work.

"Alright everyone, we need to hurry up. Finish up your fruit salads and go upstairs to brush your teeth. If you don't do it quick you'll be late!"

When they all finish eating, they all kiss me and say "It was great mom, thanks!"
They go upstairs. I pick up Sadie and go to the bathroom. Everyone is crowded inside, even Theo.

We keep bumping into each other, and when we're all done, we get out of the bathroom. I get Julie and Sadie's lunches ready, and put them in they're bags.

"Okay, Nathan and Hannah with dad, Julie and Sadie with mom." I say.

"Come on! Quick, quick, quick!" Theo says. Nathan and Hannah go into the 2010 Ford Edge SEL (one of their cars) with with Theo, and I take Sadie NAND Julie with me in the van.

We all drive away, and I drop the girls off at each one of their schools.

-------
I meet Theo in front of the school. We smile at each other. "Hey." I say. I lean in and kiss him, and then pull back.

"You ready to see Sadie?" He asks as we walk in.

"I'm actually very excited."

"So am I."

We sit down in our arranged seats. There are a lot of parents here, but not too much. The lights dim and the show starts.

It starts off with a little girl, I think in real life named Maggie, dressed like Dorothy and has a webkins dog in her hands.

"My name is Dorothy. I live in Kansas." She says. She points to 'Todo' "This is my puppy, Todo. He's very cute."

Wind starts blowing from backstage, and she pretends to be blown away. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She yells. She 'falls' to the ground.

After a second, the scene shifts to a small village. She wakes up. "Todo, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Every little kid in Sadie's class comes out dressed like little munchkins. The whole audience laughs. Then, Sadie comes out in a beautiful pink and poofy dress, a wand, and a plastic crown.

"The wicked witch is dead!" Sadie yells. She points to two sneakers sitting beside a cardboard house. "You killed her!"

"Oh dear, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"WE ALL WANTED HER DEAD!" Sadie yells. Everyone laughs. Dorothy smiles.

"Yay then!"

"You need to get back to Kinkas." Sadie says. The audience laughs. I turn bright red. Sadie's teacher comes up and whispers something in Sadie's ear. She gives her a smile and a thumbs up, and goes back stage. Sadie looks at Maggie. "I mean Kansas!"

We all laugh at that. Theo is getting this on tape. This is just a shortened version of the wizard of oz, where Belinda just transports Dorothy back home.

After the show ends, we go backstage to pick up Sadie. We see her taking her scanning the crowd looking for us. When she sees us, a HUGE smile spreads across her face. She runs towards us.

"Mommy! Daddy!" She yells, jumping into Theo's arms. She hops into my arms. We leave.

I buckle her up in her car seat and get in the car. "Sadie, you were so good!" I say. Sadie smiles.

"Thank you mommy." She says.

"The show was amazing!" Theo says.

"Thank you daddy."

"Okay now, let's go pick up your siblings and then we'll go home." I say. She closes her eyes, and then drifts off.