Chapter 41

Shailene POV:
Today is the day. We're moving to Chicago. Or, as Sadie would say, Chickengo. Everything is loaded in the moving truck and our suitcases are in the trunk.

It's 4 am. Everyone is wide awake since they can't wait to move.

Now is just time to say good bye to the house.

It hurts to leave this place, Nathan grew up in this house. We lived in this house every since Theo and I were married. But it's kind of a relief that we're leaving.

After we've said goodbye to all of our friends, we hop into the van, and follow the moving truck.

The drive to the airport is pretty long. Two and a half hours. So you can imagine what the kids are doing, fighting, arguing about everything.

The plane ride from Florida to Chicago is about two hours and forty five minutes. The drive from the Chicago airport to our new house is about half an hour. So we have a lot of traveling today.

"MOMMY!!!!! I WANT MCDONALDS!" Sadie yells from the back.

"Sadie! You do not yell! And you say 'Can we please have McDonalds, mummy.' Not, 'GIVE ME MCDONALDS OR DIE.' " Sadie laughs at that.

"Okay. Sorry mummy. Can we PLEASE get McDonalds?"

"We will when we get to the airport. It's not safe to eat in the car."

"Awwww." She whines.

"Sadie."

She folds her arms together.

-------

We've been driving for a while, and now we're finally at the airport. We all get out of the car and take our own suitcases. Theo takes Sadie and her small Dora backpack.

We check in, go through security, and get on the plane.

Theo sits with Hannah and Nathan, and I sit in the three seats in front of them with Sadie and Julie.

Hannah gets the window seat, Nathan in the middle, and Theo in the isle. Julie gets the window seat, Sadie gets the middle, I'm in the isle. Theo and I arranged this so that we could make sure the kids don't go wondering off in the plane while we're asleep.

Nathan listens to music with his headphones on (his headphones are beats), Hannah reads a book, Julie draws, Theo is taking a nap, and Sadie is blabbing away to me.

The plane takes off, and Sadie starts crying. "What's happening?" She asks, choking up sobs.

"It's okay, sweetie, don't get worried. It'll be over as soon as you know it."

"Really?" Tears slide down her cheeks. I wipe them away.

"Really."

She plays with one of her Barbie dolls, and I look at a magazine. A flight attendant comes up with a cart full of drinks. She smiles at me kindly.

"Good morning, Miss. What can I get you guys?" She asks.

"Well, this little one would like some milk." I say, pointing to Sadie. "Julie, what would you like to drink?"

"Can I please have some apple juice?" Julie says.

"And I'll have some water." I say.

"Sure thing." She says smiling. She gives us all what we asked for and smiles. She asks Theo, Nathan, and Hannah.

Hannah is getting some orange juice, Nathan is getting some ginger ale, and Theo is getting some wine.

I drink up my water, and put it in the pouch in front of me. I close my eyes and start falling into a restless nap.

When I wake up, we've landed and everyone is getting out of their seats. "We're in Chickengo mommy." Sadie says.

I smile and kiss her on the cheek. We take all of our stuff and get out of the plane. I carry Sadie and her backpack.

When we get out of the airport, we shiver. "Holy crap, it's cold." Nathan says.

"Nathan!" I snap.

"Sorry." He mumbles. The moving truck is there, and so is our van. "Mommy, why did our car follow us?" Sadie asks, as I put her in her car seat.

"Well, it didn't really follow us. It came along with us." I buckles her up and close the door. I hop inside the passenger seat. "Everyone here?"

"Yeah." Hannah says. Theo turns around, and then back in front of him.

"Yup, all four of them."

"Okay then, let's go."

Theo turns the car on, and we start driving.