Chapter 6

Shailene POV:

I wake up feeling nauseous. My head is spinning, I feel like I'm about to throw up. I run to the bathroom and throw up.

I think about what could've caused this. Nothing except for-no. It couldn't be. I can't be. I decide to take a pregnancy test. My mom bought me one for my wedding gift, I wasn't too happy with it.

I take the test and see what my result is. Positive. I feel like screaming. My head is spinning again. I stare at the plus sign on the tiny screen. I'm going to have a child. I'm happy, but I would've happier if my head wasn't spinning. I feel my eyes close.

I fall to the ground.

-------

Theo POV:

I wake up. "Good morning honey." I say. I lean in to kiss Shailene. But all I feel is air. I open my eyes. She's not there. I get out of bed and look to see if she's downstairs making breakfasts. She's not. I look on the beach, all of the bedrooms, the basement, and even in front of the house. The finally, I look in the bathroom. I see her on the floor.

"Shay!" I yell. I pick her up bridal style and carry her to our bed. She slowly opens her eyes.

"Did I miss anything?" She asks.

"I saw you on the ground! What happened?" I asked. She snaps back into reality.

"Well, I woke up with my head spinning, I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Then I thought it was because of, what we did in Paris, so I took the test. And then I fell to the ground." She says.

"What was the test result?" I ask. She smiles at me. She's getting excited.

"Positive!" She says. I sit there silently.

"I have no words." I say blankly. "Except that THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!" Shay jumps into my arms and we hug. She kisses me.

She pulls back.

"How about we eat breakfast than we go to the doctor." She says. I nod. We go downstairs and start getting breakfast ready.

--------

Shailene POV:

I make some eggs and bacon for Theo and I to eat. I'm still making it. Theo is drinking coffee and reading something for his job interview. Then the phone rings. I go to pick it up.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hi honey, it's me!" My mom says. I put the phone between my ear and my shoulder and continue to talk to her and make breakfast.

"Hey mom,what do you need this early in the morning?"

"I just wanted to apologize for the terrible wedding gift," she says. "It's just that I was in a big hurry and I didn't get time to make the gift beautiful and nice. But for an apology, you and Theo should come for dinner tomorrow night. Right after we get home from Paris. How about that?"

"Just let me ask Theo."

"No need to ask Theo dear!"

"Mother he's the head of the house,"

"He may be the head, but you are the neck. And the neck moves the head."

I roll my eyes. "Mother, as husband and wife there are some things we need to agree on. Couples ask each other. It's not a big deal just to ask him." I turn around. "Theo, my mother would like to invite us to dinner tomorrow night, do you want to go?"

"Sure!" He says.

"I asked him, he's going, we'll see you tomorrow night. Bye mom. I love you."

"I love you too dear, now we need to get packing."

I hang up. I continue to make breakfast. I take out to plates and two forks. "Theo, come set the table please." I say. He comes up to the countertop and takes the stuff I laced out for him. He sets the table and I finish our food.

I set the food on he table and sit down. We start to eat.

"Have you scheduled a doctors appointment yet?" I ask.

"Yeah, we'll have to be there in half an hour." He replies.

"Then we need to eat quickly if we don't want to miss it." I say. We start eating quicker.

When Theo and I are done, he takes our plates and puts them in the sink."Go get dressed and then we'll go to the doctors office." He says. I kiss him for a second then head upstairs.

I decide to keep it simple. I put on some shorts, a white tee, and a beanie on my head. I run back downstairs. "Ready." I say.

"Okay then, let's go." He says. We get into our car and drive to the doctor's office. We hold hands and walk to the front desk.

"The James family. We have an appointment for today." Theo says. The lady types on her computer. Then she takes out a clipboard with a paper and a pen.

"Sign this please, then you can wait for one of the nurses to call you." She says. Theo signs the clip board and I follow him as he sits down. I start reading a magazine called: "Mothers Today". I look inside it. I see pictures of babies and I smile.

"Mister and Misses James." A nurse calls. We stand up. "Follow me." She says.

She takes us to the doctors office. "Mister James, you can sit in the chair, Misses James, you may sit in the bed." The nurse says. "I am nurse Katie, if you guys need anything, just tell me. I'll go get the doctor and he'll be right with you." Katie walks out of the room with a clipboard.

I look over at Theo. He's never been happier. I reach out for his hand. He takes it.

"Let's hope for the best." I say.

"Let's hope for you." He says.

"Let's just take things slowly, then we can get excited." I say. He nods. The doctor walks in.

"Hello, I'm doctor Jones. You can call me Jones." The doctor says. "So I hear you have a baby in there." He points to my stomach. I rub it.

"Yeah, I took the test this morning. It showed positive." I say. He nods.

"We should just take a look in there and see how your baby is doing." He says. He spreads some gel across my stomach. The gel is very cold, so it tickles a little bit. I look at the screen. It's so small, it's new.

"This Madame, is a very healthy baby. Congratulations." He says. I smile and so does Theo. "These are some things that you need to know. You may have morning sickness, dizziness, frustration, and restless nights. But just make sure to feed the baby healthy and organic food for these next nine months. Mister James, keep an eye on her. You never know when she might steal a treat."

We laugh. "But you're all good for now, come back in a month and we'll see how you're doing," Jones says.

"Okay. Thank you so much, Jones." Theo says.

"No problem." Jones says. He walks out of the room,

"Prepare yourself Shay. Pregnancy is hard." He says.

"You don't worry about a thing. Just get ready for your job interview. Don't worry about me for now." I say.

We drive home and I get changed into some comfortable clothes.

"Before we get too comfortable, let's go to the store and get some organic stuff for you." Theo says. I nod. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around him. He puts me down and we drive to the grocery store.

When we get there, we buy a whole load of organic stuff. We drive. Back home and sit on the couch. We start to watch "Keeping Up With The Kardasians". I take some broccoli and cook it with cauliflower. I sit back on the couch and lean my head onto Theo's shoulder. He puts his arm around me, I eat and watch the show with him.

-------

Dear Readers,

I hope you've been enjoying my story so far. I've been working on it everyday. And I have a lot of ideas.

So stay tuned for more.

Byeeeeeeeeee,

taralovesstories