Chapter 22: Research

Ferhat's POV

"Maya Khan", Jax says.

"Jax has a hunch, there's something weird about this girl, like all girls are weird and all but since this is his, you know hmmm, he wants to look into her situation, something that triggered her in the past, something, anything, so that his freaking head can rest, otherwise he'll make us work day and night", Lucca says.

"Say the name again", I ask typing into my laptop.

"Maya Khan, M-A-Y-A K-H-A-N", Ash says.

"So boys, if you want to find out anything about her, first tell me the most important things", I say.

"Go on then Jax, explain", Jet says. I look at Jax who looks at me. 

"Ok, well I caught her speaking to a guy, saying 'Take me back to HEADQUARTERS', and I think her skin was coming up or something but there was something black under it, by her wrist, and lastly about her sister, I did something and she left for Italy. There's probably a very big story or things that triggered her because she left the country. I mean isn't it weird a bit", Jax explains.

DAMN IT, he's onto her, Shit. I trust Jax and the boys, I would gladly make them join the gang, but Jax, I know people in his family that are in other gangs. Aslanars can't risk that. 

"Listen, boys, if you want to find out about her, the best thing I can say is to do some personal research, facebook, instagrams, friends, ask people, but not her", I tell them. They look at each other. Jax stares at me in the eyes, I look away.

"Ferhat, is there something your hiding", Jax asks coming to me.

"Jax, there's nothing I'd hide from you, you're like my sons, in fact, Maria and I are relatives", I  tell him. 

Maria is my cousin, that makes him like my son. Maria doesn't know about the gang, but she and I know each other very well.

"Ferhat, where's Derek", Jax asks me.

"He's inside sleeping, were you hoping to see him today", I ask.

"No actually he came to pick up Maya earlier today, I thought he might know something.", he answers.

"Oh, so he knows Maya, weird", I say.

"Where's Ela?" He asks.

"Ela's inside, there's a football game going on inside, she's watching, come inside and say hello", I tell them. We all walk inside to meet my sister Ela, she's in the gang. 

"Ela, look behind you", I say. She turns around and gasps.

"Jax, boys, you're here, oh my gosh what a surprise, when did you come", Ela asks the boys.

"We just came for some business, how are you, all good?" Ash asks.

They ended up talking for a good 10 minutes, meanwhile, I contacted Derek asking about Maya. 

"Derek connect me with Maya please", I tell him.

"Ok Ferhat", Derek says. Derek and Ela are my siblings, both in the gang, Maya lives with us sometimes when on missions and all. I wait for a while until no one connects.

"Derek are you there", I ask.

"Ferhat, she's left her phone behind, but I'm sending you a tracker", Derek says.

"Ok good, come soon, Jax wants to meet you", I say quickly seeing Jax from the corner of my eye. 

"Who was that?" Jax asks.

"Derek, he's coming", I say.

"if you don't mind Ferhat, we'd better be leaving, we have somewhere to be, could you tell Derek to come to our place when he has time, please", Jax tells me.

"Of course, I'll tell him, thank you for coming boys, keep in touch okay, tell me if you need anything", I tell them, showing them to their car.

"Sure, Bye", they wave and drive off.

Phew

Jax's POV

"He's hiding something".