Chapter 42: Understanding from the Other Perspective.

Derek Above^^^

MAYA's POV

He looked sad. And I didn't even push him off. But I didn't feel bad either. I mean it hurt to see him hurt, and even though I've been through a lot with him, how come my feelings are kinda faded now. And what's this with Derek. Is he more than a brother to me now? Does he feel the same like that? About me? What's going on with my life right now? 

Arghhh, I can't think about this love triangle right now. I have to save my friends, and after hours of thinking, all I've gotten is... I have to sacrifice myself for them. If the group comes up with another valid plan, maybe I won't have to do mine, but if not, then I will. 

"Get up Derek, I have work to do", I say sternly as he gets up without further argument. I look up to Derek then Jax and Lucca. Lucca gives me a weird look and I communicate through expressions with him. Jax and Derek constantly turn back and forth to catch us communicate but eventually, we end our conversation. 

Our conversation said:

L = What were you doing on the bed with him?

M = He was tickling me and we fell on the bed.

L = Can't you tell that Jax likes you more than a friend? 

M = I don't know, I'm confused about all this too.

L = You gotta make it up for him now

M = Urgh, alright? But how?

L = Just do something, you know him.

M = Your no help.

L = Your welcome too.

M = *Blank Face*

L = Talk to you later on.

M = *Nods*.

And that's how it went.  Jax, Derek, and the guys all left my room and I got changed into this outfit, wearing a light bullet-proof vest underneath just in case.

  Jax, Derek, and the guys all left my room and I got changed into this outfit, wearing a light bullet-proof vest underneath just in case

I quickly grabbed my laptop and phone and ran downstairs, only to bump straight into Derek. 

"Whoops", I say rubbing my head. 

"You ok Twig", he asks emphasizing the 'twig' part.

I give him a sarcastic look and then say, "Yes. Let's go", and run down the stairs stopping just behind Jax. he turns around and looks at me up to down.

"Are you checking me out?" I ask a little too loud than expected. 

"And what if I am?" he whispers leaning in. Yes, back to normal.

"Whatever", I say flipping my hair in his face and strutting out as he follows close behind. 

My phone begins to ring and I pick up without looking at the caller ID. 

Conversation:

No Name:  I hear you survived. And now your planning on how to save your little friends. Well, what can I say? Don't bother, there's nothing to save. But yes, I can send you their bodies in exchange for yours. A four for one offer. Do we have a deal?" he says into the phone. 

Me: William. Send me your address right now and you will send the bodies back. 

No Name:  "Sure sweetheart, but let me go through the rules once again. In case you forgot from 5 years ago. No contacting the police about this. No telling no one. Coming alone. No weapons. And no tricks. Plus your in no condition to play tricks on me right now. Face it now or later, but you have no option but to come here, and we already know the result of that. Oh and just so you know, my men are following you everywhere. Have fun sweetheart", his husky voice whispers into the phone as the call ends. 

William is back here, and according to him, my best friends are already dead. But I know this trick from way before he used it. It's a trap. But I'm gonna outdo his own trap.

"Hey, you guys go ahead. I'm gonna pick Zaira up and then meet you there", I tell Derek and the guys. 

"No way are we letting you go away. I'm coming with you", Derek says. 

"Are you serious? I can kick anyone's butt, and yet you don't trust me", I say pouting, and adding a dramatic faint in.

"Ok fine", he sighs in defeat.

Game On. 

DEREK'S POV

I like Maya. Well, I think I do.

More than a sister now. Like I actually like her, like that. But I know from before that she liked Jax and Jax like her a lot, but today it felt like she didn't have those feelings for Jax, but somehow, for me. Like the night felt so peaceful, I lied down with her and I've never slept that comfortable-y before. It's crazy cause when we were much younger, she'd come to me when she had nightmares, but this time, maybe cause she's older, it felt different. It felt amazing. Everything about her. Her beautiful face when she sleeps, her glowing skin, her soft lips, everything. 

Earlier today when we had a huge tickle fight. I was so happy because she was happy too. Yeah, me being shirtless and her gawking at me also made me feel amazing but lying on top of her and her not pushing me off, that's what made me realize. But then Jax came and I had to get off.

Bad timing Jax.

I know she was super stressed about her friends getting kidnapped, but last night, all her worries were gone. It was perfect. 

She left right now, and now I'm stuck with the guys. Not that it's a bad thing. I just know that some questions are about to come.

"You like her don't you?" asks Jax. See what I mean. Mind Reader in the house. 

"No. Not in that context", I tell him. What am I saying? I kinda like her in that context. Derek, you're so screwed. 

"Ok", he says and it goes back to perfect silence. I know he wants to hear it and it's running around in my head like crazy. Arghhh here we go.

"I guess, very slightly. But I know you like her, which is why I'm not going for her", I answer kinda honestly.

"I know", he says. Lies.

He knows it, and I know it. 

*****

Hey Team Madrists, 

So I've decided while my exams are going I probably won't post, but if I do it'll be once a week, on a Saturday, or Friday. So yeah. Enjoy :D