Chapter 47: Training

JAX's POV

Maya went on talking about exactly the right stuff, but the thought of her facing him, it just didn't feel right. I feel like this is the part of a movie where the 2 lovers do it together. Not that we're lovers or anything... yet. 

Anyway, I don't agree that she should go alone. I should go with her. Technically I got the abs too, I just need some patching up.

"I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no", Ferhat says walkng up behind me, and I cock him a brow.

"What am I thinking?" I ask.

"You're thinking that you should go with Maya. And the answer is no", Ferhat says and I lower my brow.

"Ok, but I really think it's right", I tell him.

"Let me tell you something, Jax. Maya and I will be going in. I'm ten times stronger than you, but it's not about strength. I have so much anger for him, and I need to release it. I need to find my family. But you, Jax you haven't lost your whole family to him. You only just found out that he's not your dad. He has your sister but trust Maya, she will bring her back alive, at the cost of anything, and--" he says but I cut him.

"That's just it. At the cost of ANYTHING. She'd give him her life if she wants to. And I don't need that", I tell him.

"Will you let me finish?" he asks as I nod. "Even though everyone thinks that she's gonna sacrifice herself for everyone else. She always returns, no matter what. Remember that", he says passing a promising look. 

"Now come on, let's go train Maya up. From what I hear, you're quite strong. She can practice on you", he tells me as I get up and head to the gym. 

I begin to gawk at the gym

I begin to gawk at the gym. It looks tiny from the outside, but inside it's massive.

"Ferhat, do you mind if I just workout while you train Maya?" I ask, considering it is his house.

"Yeah go ahead", he says and heads to the left. I follow behind him and see a punching bag flying up and down as Maya punches the hell out of it. What the heck? She's so strong.

I head over to another punching bag, not too far from Maya's sight and watch her as I punch.

"Jax", comes my voice, but I ignore it. I have so much going on in my head. It's time to let it all out. As I continue punching the bag, something taps my back, but I ignore at keep punching.

I mean understand my situation. Someone you've been living with and loves you turns out to have murdered thousands of people. He turns out to have kidnapped your sister, his daughter for so many years of knowing her, living with her, so-called loving her and her friends, he killed the girl you love family, her foster family, he murdered a child at the age of 6. He did all of that and acted like nothing ever went wrong. I really just wanna kill him", I yell in my head as I punch something that isn't the back. 

My hand stays frozen on the object and slowly I look up from the legs standing in front of me all the way up to a plank of wood with my arm in it.  I look up to the person holding it and gap. 

"Damn", is all she says as I heave up and down. She walks away and returns with a towel, and I just stare at her. "Sit Jax", she says.

"Am I a dog or something now?" I ask her.

"Yeah", she says and hands me the towel. Grabbing it from her I pull my shirt off, and she passes me a normal look.

"What?" I ask her cocking her a brow.

"I've seen better", is all she says.

"That's so random. I didn't even ask", I tell her as she gets up, but is pushed back down, by a shirtless Lucca.

"Yeah, she's seen me", he says grinning.

"Maybe", she says as I stare in shock.

"WOAH. My body's way better than his", I tell her.

"What, you have a 6 pack, I think I have 8", Lucca tells.

"Nah. Out of everyone, I have the best body", comes Jacob's voice as he sits down on the floor between her legs.

Mate, can't you see Lucca and I are here.

"Keep it PG please", I tell him as he leans back. Woah, ok then. Just ignore me.

"Anyway, I'm gonna head to Maya, so you guys behave", she says getting up and patting each of us on the head.

She's so weird, but then again no wonder Lucca likes her. 

As she leaves, us three pass glances to each other, Lucca and Jacob stare at each other. Honestly, they look like Jacob and Edward from Twilight about to fight. -- What? Look, Maya told me about that movie or book during class last year. 

"Listen, man, she's my girlfriend, so take your eyes off her and keep them to yourself", Jacob says straight to Lucca.

Lucca doesn't back down. "Oh really. Her sayings are slightly different. Word is you two aren't a 'thing'. Were, but aren't anymore. Which reminds me, I still have the chance to make her mine. So you, Hunter, take your eyes off my girl", he says up close.

Damn Lucca. That's my best friend. Just throwing it out.

Jacob backs off, mutters something and walks off. Before I can turn my head back to Lucca, Lucca jumps up smashing Jacob behind his head, allowing him to collapse to the floor.

"Dude, why?" I ask him.

"Did you hear that little sh*t?" he asks me as I give him a questioning look.

"He said--", he says and whispers in my ear. Oh, that little crap!!!

"CUT IT OUT GUYS", comes Maya's voice as Lucca and Jacob freeze grabbing each others collars. "JACOB, go to the living room", she commands as he glares at Lucca and leaves. "JAX", she shouts, as I give her a questioning look. "Take Lucca outside", she says as I give her a "Ya think", look.

I glare at her and eventually, she walks away. Lucca and I look at each other and burst out laughing.

"I like you, Lucca".

Que???