Chapter 43: Jacob Hunter

Zaira's Pic above^^^^

ZAIRA's POV

After everything that happened, I'm so happy that Maya and Jax are both alive and perfectly fine

After everything that happened, I'm so happy that Maya and Jax are both alive and perfectly fine. Seriously, how have they not gotten trauma? Jax just found out that his so-called dad is a murderer, and Maya was shot and in a coma for 3 months. Derek punched the hell out of Jax but they're back to friends and now both the guys have feelings for Maya and Maya is totally confused, but more importantly, Maya is thinking of sacrificing her life for 3 of our best friends. 

She's planning to turn herself in. To William. Everyone knows what'll happen if that happens and it's not pretty. If I was in her place, I'd do that, but Maya's been through so much, she needs a break. But then again, we have no plans coming in. 

I just know that I can't let Maya do this alone. It's my war too. In fact, it's mine, Derek's, Ferhat's, Ela's, Naz's, and even Jax's. 

Ok, if your gonna ask about my love life now, well what can I say. Yeah I like him but we haven't talked for ages, and I don't know what's happening with us. I guess I've just been super busy to think about love, and that's exactly what's not gonna happen. No thinking about love and more thinking about plans. Plus, I don't know if I've fully healed from my last thingy. It just hurts sometimes, that's all. 

Maya's coming to pick me up. We're gonna head to the cafe, have a chat and if something works out by tonight then we'll tell Ferhat, but if not, we'll go with the original. 2 girls like us, nothing can beat us. Nothing at all. 

Picking up my phone, I hear Maya's voice, "Hey, I'm downstairs on my bike. Grab your helmet and let's go". I follow the instructions and head out. 

"Wow, good to see no black on that outfit. You actually look pretty good. Any special occasion?" I ask her.

"No, just confused, let's go", she muffles from under the helmet.  I get on behind her and we head off straight to KOKO Cafe. As we walk in, Maya talks to the lady about orders and everything, while I head around and get us a table. As I sit down, someone calls my name and out of nowhere I am pulled into a hug. 

"ZAIRA". It happened so fast. Who is this? I stand there frozen unable to move. As soon his cologne hits me, I realize who it is. 

Jacob. 

Jacob Hunter. 

"I can't believe your here, thank god? It's been so long", he says pouting. 

"What the hell Jake, get off me", I yell at him and push him back. I watch as mixed emotions flash through his eyes.

Jacob Hunter and Me. Yes, Derek's brother, Jacob Hunter. We had a bit of history. But it all ended when he chose bad over good. And now he comes in hugging me like nothing ever happened. He knows that I hate him, so why's he acting so normal? Is he brainwashed?  -- 'Zaira you seriously need to stop watching Avatar with Maya.', I mentally note. 

"Here Zair--", Maya begins but stops, dropping the tray with our food. As quick as lightning, Jacob's hand catches the tray. We both look up to Jacob. 

"What are you doing here?" she asks pulling me up and behind her. I move from behind her to next to her.  I'm strong in front of him at least.

"I know you guys probably hate me right now, and I accept that, but if you understood the position I was in, maybe you wouldn't react that badly", he begins when I cut him off.

"Ya think", Maya whispers.

"You think we were joking when you chose the side against us. Jacob, what's wrong with you? Actually don't answer that. I already know. Everything is wrong with you, you're so god damn corrupted. Can you leave now?" I yell as everyone in the Cafe stares at us. 

"Can you please listen?" he asks.

"No. No, I can't. Now leave", I tell him.

"C'mon, please Zaira, please, please, please, please, please, please", he begs annoyingly.

"FINE", I give in as takes my hand and runs upstairs, with Maya following behind. 

"Do you want me to leave?" she asks me.

"No", Jake answers instead. 

We have a seat on the table and he begins explaining right from the start.

*** 1 Hour Later ***

"I hope this changes something", he finishes honestly. Woah, I can't believe it. I've misunderstood from all the way to Mars. I owe him so much now. "I, I-- Do you? Urghh, do you still have feelings for me", he blurts out of nowhere, and Maya chokes on her drink. I shoot a glare at her.

"What, your the one who's blushing different shades of dark red. Don't look at me like that, tell him", she says laughing as I feel hotter heat run-up to my cheeks. 

"Well?" Jake asks eagerly, leaning across half the table. When I don't reply, he asks again, "Well?"

Arghh, what should I say? I do like him, a lot, but I might like Lucca too. But I don't even know Luccaa, well kinda. But he's a player, but I don't know. Jake was a great guy, what if he's lying? No, you have to trust him. He loves you, and you like him a lot too. Come on!!!! WHAT DO I SAY???

"Well?" he asks again. 

"YES", I reply. 

"Yes what?" he asks cocking a brow up.

"YesIStillLikeYou", I say super fast. 

"I'll be back", Maya says getting up and leaving, not before shooting me a wink and lots of hearts. That girl.

"What?" Jake asks in a dumb tone. 

"Yes. I. Still. Like. You", I say super slowly in his face, as a huge grin appears on his face, and he puts his arms around me.  "I didn't say we were back together", I add.

"Don't even try your little games on me Z. I know you too well babe", he says at the crook of my neck. I hug him back. 

I can't believe I got back with him. Best day ever. 

"ZAIRA", calls a voice, pulling Jake and me apart to stare at the person. My arms automatically dropdown. 

Oh no. Think of the player and the player appears.