Chapter 44: I know how he feels now

Lucca Above: And in case it doesn't load: Down below:

LUCCA's POV

I get that Jax is super pissed off by the scene earlier, and I would be too if I saw something like that to the girl I love, another guy on top of her, that'd probably hurt as bad as it did for Jax. Anyway, Ash and Alec wanted coffee, so we stopped over at a cafe called KOKO Cafe. Considering the fact that Maya and Zaira went to the shopping mall for a few minutes, meant we had extra time on our hands, so we could chill and drink some coffee at the cafe. 

Heading in, we ordered our drinks and sat down in the corner cubicle. After talking a bit with the guys, we were greeted by 2 girls in mini skirts and crop tops. I'll say, if I didn't like Zaira in that way, I'd probably get one of these girls, but since I like Zaira, I can't. 

Each of the girls come and sit down beside me and the other beside Jax. 

I look up at Jax and together we pick up our phones and say something along the lines of, "Hey Babe, yeah we're just at the cafe, we'll pick you up in 10 minutes. See you soon, love you". After hearing this the girls look at each other and move closer in. 

"Oh hey Mr. Security", I begin, as the girls look at each other in shock. 

"I think they're lost, can you please help them. We have to go pick up our girlfriends soon", Alec says as the girls get up and run. 

"That was a good one", Ash says as our drinks arrive. 

As we drink and talk, a guy and girl walk fast saying, "They were so loud, I mean that guy Jacob Hunter and that popular girl, Maya Khan and her friend

As we drink and talk, a guy and girl walk fast saying, "They were so loud, I mean that guy Jacob Hunter and that popular girl, Maya Khan and her friend. Is it like a love triangle or something?" This caught my attention.

"Hey girl", I say behind her as she turns around. 

"Yeah", she answers and the guy with her pulls her back.

"Nah listen, I have a girl. Anyway, you were just talking about Maya Khan and another girl and a guy. When was that?" I ask.

"You mean Jacob Hunter, right? They're sitting upstairs", she tells me. 

"Jacob", Derek says smashing his drink down. 

"Maya", Jax says doing the same. 

"Zaira?" I say, heading upstairs closely followed by Jax and Derek. Running up the stairs I come to a sight, that stopped my world for a few seconds.

Jacob Hunter was hugging My Zaira. What the? How is this possible? Don't they hate each other? He works for Jax's dad, well fake dad, so what the hell is going on here?  

"ZAIRA", my mouth calls out in shock, as both of them pull out and face me. Why am I so angry? I feel like I'm gonna bash him up. 

Charging at him, I kick him off her and pull her behind me, "What the... Lucca!" she shouts. 

I turn to face her, "What you mean, what the? He's freckin bad. What's wrong with you? He's a bully, player, and even worse, he works for a murderous gang. The one that did something to you, what the hell are you doing?" I yell at her, as she backs down. 

"Leave. Me. Alone", she slowly says, but with power in her voice. 

Dammit, I'm so dumb. 

"Look, Zaira, I didn't mean to yell at you. I just don't understand what's going on here", I tell her. 

"No Lucca, you do mean to yell at me, and you have the right to. But yeah, you clearly don't understand what's going on here, so instead of punching someone, why don't you apologize and leave while you're at it", she tells me.

"I'll apologize but I won't leave", I tell her calming-ly. I walk over to Jacob, kneel down and talk between my teeth, "Sorry". 

"Sorry for what Lucca, for what?" she asks me. I get up and lean into her but she doesn't back down. Dammit, I hate that she has power over me. Usually, I wouldn't even bother to listen, but since it's her, for some reason, it's automatic. 

I head over to Jacob again and talk between my teeth, "Sorry Jacob for pushing you", and smile at Zaira as she grins. She knows it's coming. 

"Now help him up", she says and I follow.

"Now shake the hands of each other", she says and I give her a ridiculous look, but do as she says. 

"Now hug each other", she says and I stare at her blankly.

"No offense Zaira, but that's awfully gay", I tell her as she bursts out laughing, along with everyone else smiling. I walk over to Zaira as she reaches up and pulls my cheeks. "Ouch", I tell her but she continues smiling. 

"Ok, jokes aside, long story short Lucca; Jacob was never bad, he was just in a tough position and he had to do what he had to, but he's still the same guy, he hasn't changed one bit, just that he can act now", she tells me as Jacob and I have a stare-off, and eventually finally believing it.

"So guys what'd I miss... WOAH", comes Maya's voice from behind me. We turn around and see Maya in between Jax and Derek, with Jax holding her hand back. For a second there, I kinda knew how he felt when he saw Derek and Maya together, but I'm sure there's something behind that too. 

In fact, I just think there's a lot behind that girl... Maya.