Chapter 26: Tracking

Maya's POV

Dring Dring Dringgggg.

Ahhh morning alarm is my phone. Zaira.

"Hola, how are you?" I ask.

"Girl, where are you physco", she screams into the phone.

"Bro, I'm at Naz's place", I say. "In Italy", I add.

"Bro, here we are in NZ, waiting for you, do you realize that Jax and the boys are in Italy too", she says into the phone.

"WHAT!!! Jax is in Italy, why?" I ask.

"Ella told me he was 'investigating about you', and Lucca said, the boys in love, he's finding his one true love", she replies.

"What, wait, I was messaging someone last night and they said it was you, and they're coming over on Wednesday", I scream.

"Maya, that has to be him, who else would have your number, it has to be him or one of them", she tells me.

"You know what, I'm gonna go to Naz, we're gonna connect with Derek and track his number", I tell her.

"Ok, but through your sim out, just in case, and change your number", She tells me.

"Ok, ok done, thanks, I'll go now", I tell her.

"Keep me updated", she tells me.

"Sure", I answer and end the call. I race out, jumping past every obstacle that comes in my way, super fast until I reach the kitchen to meet Naz.

"Wow, look at you, Maya, super fit, huh?" She says. 

"Naz, we have a problem", I tell her. 

We quickly feed all the animals, and head over to the office, where we connect with Ferhat and the rest of the gang in NZ. 

"Ok, everyone listens, I got word that one of my friends Jax Marshall is in Italy, to investigate about me, and I found this out through Zaira", I say pointing to her on the screen. "Now listen, last night I was messaging a so-called 'Zaira', which may just happen to be Jax, he and I are supposed to meet on Wednesday here, at Naz's house. What if someone is tracking me? That's why I need our number specialists on the line, and we're gonna track this number, Tamam?" I ask. 

Tamam = Okay (Turkish)

"Okay, we'll connect but send me your messages history", Ela says. 

"Also Maya, Jax and the boys came to me 2 nights ago, asking me about you, I didn't say anything, just personal homework via facebook and all, but I'm sure, someone has given them a way to get information, that's why they're in Italy, and as you would've heard, HE'S in Italy too. Do you think this could be connected", Ferhat asks.

"First we need to track this, then some of us will go undercover to the place, we'll have a look around, if any of HIS people are there, we'll capture and interrogate, ok?" I say.

"Ok, let's start then, say the number out loud", Derek says.

"Number is... 0-2-4-6-3-1-9-8-7-2-3-9, let  me repeat, number is, 0-2-4-6-3-1-9-8-7-2-3-9. Got it?" I ask.

"Got it", Derek replies.

"We've also got it", Naz says.

"Ok, let's start the tracking", I order. We start connecting wires on the radiation systems and laptops, and our maps. The process at the longest should take 20 minutes, considering we have fast devices.

"Maya, listen, we're working on tracking, I need you two girls to get fit up, do some training and work-out", Ferhat commands. "Naz, come to the screen", he says while Naz follows. "Please be careful", he says quietly. Awwwww.

"Let's go Maya, Gear up", she says.

We gear up wearing our fighting gear, weapons attached, devices attached, and protection creams. Protection creams are epic, only a very very strong force can break the wall it creates. so if someone slaps you, you won't feel it, Aslanars made it themselves. 

Our gear looks some-what like this but more modified

Our gear looks some-what like this but more modified. I don't use bow and arrows, and bombs, I'm more guns, knives, ropes, electricity and physical type of fighter. Our gear suit doesn't have a weapons belt, instead has secret pockets and places for weapons, shoulder pocket, hips, legs, shoes, neck, you name it.

It's gotten modern. So by the press of a button, it can become camouflaged, and all. It's epic and most importantly it's comfortable and soundproof, the whole this, top to bottom, front to back has got bulletproof material, so bullets can't go through, it has devices in the waist pockets, tiny, tracking ones, hearing ones, all sorts.

Naz and I decide to do an obstacle course through all the enclosures, climbing to the top of the house as fast as we can, jumping from heights, holding our breaths in water, playing Camo-n-seek, doing 5 rounds of the gym activities, and finishing off with laser room practice and security code breaking.

*** 4- 1/2 hours later ***

"Naz, do you have ice?" I ask, totally sweating like a pig.

"Yeah here", she says giving me some ice in water and an ice pack.

"After we're cooled off, shall we practise our shooting and knife throwing and fighting skills", I ask.

"Yeah, can't wait till that, let's hurry up", she answers.

"Let's make it a goal, every day, this, same routine", I tell her.

"I was just thinking the same thing, let's do it", she says. 

We dry up, get geared up and head to the soundproof domes, we get our targets out, running and shooting, dodging bullets, not real ones, but in a machine, but they hurt quite a lot. Taking our dummies out and moving dummies, through knives at them, shooting, and using the auto-generated fighters, to fight. 

We did it for 7 hours until we actually stunk of sweat. 

"Maybe next time we'll stick with 4-1/2 hours, like before, we don't wanna wear ourselves out, right?" I tell Naz.

"Yeah, I'm gonna shower then take a nap", she says sighing exhaustedly.

"Same", I tell her, as we part directions. 

Same training tomorrow. 

Dring Dring Dringggggg...

"Huh, hello", I ask.

"Hey, it's been tracked", Derek says into the phone. 

"ok, thanks, can call you in 20 minutes", I ask him.

"Yeah, sure", he says. With that, I drag myself to my room's bathroom, take a shower, dry up and go outside, huddle with the wolves and fall asleep. 

Tomorrow's a long day.