Chapter 41: Jealousy

JAX's POV

Without Ella, I couldn't sleep. She's the closest family I have left apart from my mum and soon Maya. Just thinking about what kind of hell she's going through makes me wanna cry so bad. I miss her a lot. 

A few minutes ago I got a call from Ferhat and the guys that we're meeting at Maya's house to brainstorm plans. 

Right now, I'm waiting outside Maya's house for the rest of the guys to come.  Reaching into my pocket, I read the message from Ferhat.

Ferhat -- Hey Jax, you don't need to wait outside, Naz and I will be a bit late but head on inside, the doors unlocked and Maya and Derek should be inside waiting. 

Me -- Alright, cool, see ya.

I head on inside and am soon joined by the rest of the guys. We walk on inside only to a bass-boosted sound of laughing, screaming and yelling. Running inside, we stop when we see what's going on.

Maya and Derek. Together. On the couch. That hurts. 

"Derek, come on, get up", Maya says as he groans and sinks his head down on her lap. How the heck dare he do that. Maya's mine. "This isn't funny. Get up lazy butt", she says as they stare into each other's eyes, and soon after crack up laughing. 

"I don't wanna get up", says Derek and sinks back down.

"Alright,  let me go at least", she says but Derek holds her down. That's it. How dare he? I mean I get it, they're practically siblings, but that is not what it looks like here.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" I ask breaking their laughter. For a while they both look at me, but then Derek turns back and sinks down. 

"Derek, this lazy butt won't get up. We have work to do, but he's so lazy today. Come on, get up Derek", she explains with a slight frustration in her voice. After much trying, her eyes widen, as she begins to tickle him. He laughs and flips off the couch. Maya jumps up and yells, "Progress". 

They both laugh for a bit, then Maya leans down and pulls her arm out to pull him up with, but instead of pulling Derek up, she gets pulled down and tickled. After more tickling, she manages to escape and comes running behind me, grabbing my shirt and pulling me back. 

God, that touch. 

Derek walks up to me and looks down at Maya then says, "Alright, I won't get you now. I'm gonna go shower and you should come up too", he says and pulls off his shirt, revealing his abs. I can see Maya staring. Quit Staring. 

"Quit staring", he snaps, as she grabs to cushions off the sofa and shoves one to cover his abs and one on her stomach, and mutters a "fine", and walks upstairs. 

Well, that was eventful. I get the feeling that Derek sees her more than a sister. But he already knows that I like her. So why does it feel like just then they both had a connection? Honestly, what's worse than seeing the girl you like, lying on the couch with one of your best friends. Even if nothing happened, it still hurts like heck. Whatever, I don't care. Maya's just any other girl. Yeah, I'm attracted to her, but clearly that's not the same here. I'm here for Ella, so focus JAX!!!

"You ok man?" asks Lucca.

"Yeah, just confused, but I'm fine now", I answer.

"Is it only me who noticed that Maya's house in freckin amazing?" asks Ash.

"Bruh, we noticed", Alec says.

"Yet you didn't have the audacity to say it", he says.

"Shut up and sit down", Jett growls. 

"What's his problem?" Ash mutters.

"What do you think?" Alec says rolling his eyes and sitting down. 

"Guys, cheer up, we're gonna find them. Now that we know Maya's a badass and has a whole gang behind her. There's no way anythings gonna happen to them", Ash says jumping up. We all turn to face Ash, anger written all over our faces. 

"Are you freckin joking right now? Do you know what they could be going through right now? Just because the girls that the two of you like are fine and here with you doesn't mean the same is happening with the others", Jett growls. 

"You think I don't care? You're wrong. But unlike all you lazy butt's I'm not gonna sit around and grief over it. I'm also thinking, and if we want something successful, we have to be in a healthy state. That's why cracking jokes is so freckin important right now. So that you guys can all think straight and save your girls", Ash yells, pointing to each of us.

"Well, aren't you gonna say anything?" he yells to Jett and then to all of us.

"Your right man", Alec says finally.

"At least one of you has the audacity to realize that I'm right. What's with you, Jett? You've only liked her for so long, yet you're going on like your a couple. It's one-sided love right now. Remember your a player and in her eyes, you are too. Now get your sh*t together and think straight", he yells out of fury.

"Will you shut up or is that my job to shut you up?" Jett asks with a small smirk appearing on his face.

"See here you go again, what the heck Jett, what's you dea-- wait, what?" Ash begins but stops to look at Jett. It's only the funniest thing when this happens. And this is how I cheer up. 

"Looks like it worked", he says and sits back down grinning. 

The guys begin chatting and laughing along for the next few minutes before we all stop when my name is yelled from upstairs. Everyone looks at me and we run upstairs, swinging open Maya's door, and something washes over me. 

There she lies on her bed, with shirtless Derek lying on top of her. But the scene isn't what hurts more, it's the fact that she's not even trying...

to get up.