Chapter 36: Death (P2)

Zain's POV

Movement under the blanket.

Maybe it's just my hand. 

We quickly pull Maya out from the bedding area. We lay her on the floor and all us boys plus Naz huddle around her. 

"Maya, can u hear me?" I ask stammering.

No response.

"Maya, move something if you can hear us, please?" Ferhat asks.

No response.

"Maya, darling, come on, you promised me, you'd stay until HE was in your place and you were standing with us here", Naz cries.

No response, no movement.

"Maya, my buddy, if you really did move, please do it again", Derek asks.

I look up to Jax, considering he hasn't said anything. I see Derek holding Jax's shoulder and whispering something.

Jax steps forward, quietly, and kneels down to Maya's body and says, "Kill me".

Movement.

There's movement from the dead body.

"Un-zip her", I order, as Derek and Ferhat un-zip Maya.

Everyone's faces were shocked. 

Everyone was frozen in there place.

Everyone's tears ran back from where they came.

Everyone paused.

"I will don't worry Jax", came the long lost voice of... Maya.

"She's alive, she's alive", I exclaimed smiling.

"Oh my gosh, it's a miracle", Ferhat shouted.

Everyone started smiling and huddled around Maya. I pulled her onto my knees, and everyone huddled around. I looked up to see Jax taking steps backwards, and moving away.

"Ferhat, would you please hold her?" I ask. Ferhat leans in and puts Maya's head onto his lap. I get up and walk around the crowd looking for Jax. I see him just a few graves away, looking down at 4 graves. 

The Khan Family's Graves.

I walk over to him slowly and quietly before saying, "Thank you, Jax".

He looks at me, shocked.

"Your welcome Zain", he replies.

"How'd you do it? I mean you woke her up from 3-month coma", I ask him.

"I cracked a joke, which she might take seriously", he says smiling.

"Come on, the hero of the day, go see the one you saved", I tell him walking behind him. 

Jax's POV

"Kill me", I tell Maya.

"I will don't worry Jax", says the long lost voice of Maya's.

There was movement. Oh my gosh, she's alive.

"Un-zip her", Zain orders, as Derek and Ferhat un-zip her and let her breathe.

Zain puts two fingers on her neck to check her pulse.

"She's alive, she's alive", he happily exclaims. 

Everyone huddles around Maya, happy and shocked.

"Oh my gosh, It's a miracle", Ferhat shouts.

I walk away from the crowd and let people see her. I decide to go see her family.