The Fateful Encounter

1

I opened my eyes - finding myself stranded, floating aimlessly in space.

No suit.

No oxygen.

Nothing.

I panicked in an instant, covering my mouth with both hands as if it were to keep me alive. As a human, being in outer space was an instant kill if one wasn't geared up with the proper suit. I should be a frozen corpse by now seeing that I was still in my PJs.

A sudden force pulled me back, sucking me into this tunnel of light; It was a wormhole. The earth in front of me became smaller and smaller to the point where I could no longer see it as I continued to go further back. With one blink, I found myself no longer in the tunnel of light. Now, I was floating in front of a big blue planet and - wow- it was nothing like I've ever seen before.

With another blink, it turned that beautiful planet into a globe engulfed with fire. War was raging upon the once-blue asteroid as warships went head to head, shooting beams at each other, causing chaos and destruction everywhere.

"We have to get the princesses out of here," A panicked voice echoes in my ear. "They need to get into the Castle Ship before it's too late!"

"Father, we need to form Voltron," This time, it was the voice of a young woman. It was a familiar voice, but I couldn't pinpoint where I've heard it from or who face the voice belonged. "I won't leave your side until we win this battle."

"No, we can't have Voltron get into the hands of Zarkon. It is too late for us," A much older and deeper voice responded to her plea.

"No, father! There is a way we can win the war!" As I heard these voices echoing in my head, I could see the planet's life degrading in front of me as the war grew intense.

Suddenly, a small pod emerged from the planet and flew past me with a beam of light trailing behind. As it flew past me, it was as if time slowed down around me, giving me the chance to see what was inside the pod.

Inside was a small baby with fair tanned skin and pointed ears, and under each eye closest to the cheekbone, a pink crescent appeared. The infant was sleeping soundly, wrapped up in blankets.

Suddenly, time resumed its normal pace, and the pod zoomed past me, glowing in the midsts of the stars as a wormhole appeared in front of it. It quickly sucked in the pod and disappeared within a second after it appeared. I turned around to see the planet that was once majestic become lifeless and cold. Not a single sign of life existed on it.

"Goodbye, my darlings, I will see you again someday," The older voice from earlier spoke, causing my eyes to well up in tears. My heart squeezed all of a sudden after hearing that voice for some reason. It was as if this man was talking to me.

Suddenly, a dark shadow of what looked like to be another aircraft loomed over me and the planet. I turn to see a mysterious galactic ship floating over. A purple light was radiating from what looked to be like a galactic cannon, and its beam headed towards the planet, ultimately sucking up all the life that the globe had left.

I woke up feeling hot and sweaty. Tears had already fallen on my pillow after waking up from the dream. "It's the same dream again," I whispered to myself.

This dream occurred countless times ever since I was around seven or eight years old. It was vivid, and I could remember every detail. It had come down to the point that I would memorize the essential aspects of the dream.