The Ghost Ship

120

~Athena~

We traveled across the galaxy as Voltron to where the distress signal was coming from. When we reached the location, debris was floating around in the middle of nowhere and just beyond that was the abandoned ship.

"Everyone, stay alert," Keith says as we stood before the Galra cruiser.

"What happened here?" I hear Lance ask as we looked around. I was asking the same questioning, wondering if there was any life on the ship.

"Uh, Warlord Lahn, didn't you say there were fifteen cruisers? What happened to the rest of them?" Hunk asks. There were only three and a half ships that were floating around in the area. Something must have bad happened all those years ago.

"I'm detecting no signs of life or any biorhythms from two of the closest ships," Pidge spoke up as we kept our distance. "But some signals are coming from the ship near the end."

"That's Klytax V-Three, where the call came from," Warlord Lahn says as he was inside of the Black Lion.

"Hailing Galra cruiser Kyltax V-Three," Keith called as soon as he opens the comms. "This is Keith, Paladin of the Black Lion of Voltron. Do you copy?" Silence lingered on the other end, leaving us hanging in suspense.

"This is Warlord Lahn, your commander. Do you copy?" Lahn gave it a shot, thinking it might work. Suddenly, the same distorted voice responded to Lahn with the same words.

Yordam.

Bering.

Exus.

"Whoever is there, we need to find them and get them out," Keith says. "Here's the plan. Lahn and I will go inside first to make sure the entry point is safe. You guys jetpack behind us. Once we're in, Pidge, try to access the ship's security network and find out what happened."

We flew Voltron closer to the ship that was sending out the signals, separating our lions as soon as we got there. Keith and Lahn went ahead with Kosmo, making sure that the coast was clear. The hangar door opened up as soon as they teleported inside the ship.

"Pidge, are you picking up any signals?" Keith asked as we gathered inside.

"There are multiple biorhythms, but they're intermittent, almost random," Pidge replied as she looked at her diagram of the ship.

"Okay, it looks like we'll have to split up to find any survivors," Keith says as he looked at the rest of us. "Lance and Hunk, clear the aft of the ship. Athena, you'll come with me to check the bow, and we'll make our way towards the others. Pidge and Allura, take Lahn to go through the security logs."

As soon as Keith made his orders, Warlord Lahn glared at the Red Paladin. "I don't like taking orders on my own ship," he growls.

"Duly noted," Keith replied as he tried to remain calm and not cause a scene. "Okay everyone, let's make this quick. Search every corner for survivors or any clues to help us find out what happened here." Everyone nodded and split off in different ways.

Keith and I went to the front of the ship and made our way to the center seeing nothing. Some hallways would have dismantled Sentry pieces floating about as we made our way through. No matter how much we looked, there were no signs of life.

As we continued to look, I thought about something that made me shiver. "So far, we've found nothing but remaining robot parts floating around. We haven't even found a clue where these troops went or how they've disappeared," I expressed as we continued to look around. "It feels suspicious."